News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

All the fakes

Started by <k>, August 01, 2011, 12:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akona20

I am advised that all items, not just this one, that the seller had on Ebay have been stopped from accepting bids.

The item may remain due to a process of verification but it can neither be sold nor bid on.

If there is a systematic fraud taking place then it is up to you folks to advise me when the item is listed again for sale and stage 3 of a process will start.

So instead of findiung reasons to query or dispute what is happening let's wait for the next step to be taken should it be necessary.

The seller now has NO items for sale.

Coinsforever

Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Coinsforever

akona20

Another fake seller has just bitten the dust. Note the seller was not selling Indian coins. The good news on this seller was that we were not the only people complaining and the reaction by the online auction house was swift and decisive.

Figleaf

Thanks, akona. May this be interpreted as a sign that eBay is starting to realise that THEY have a problem?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

akona20

I think there are two important things here.
1. Ebay now seems to respect specific opinions from certain people when they are communicated properly.
2. Other people who have remained in the shadows and who have refused to do anything about the problem are now independently complaining to Ebay about things. This is undoubtedly the biggest step in the process.

There are still posters who post that "Ebay will do nothing" but this is incorrect and I actually wonder at their motives for posting such a statement.

The more who who use the complaint system properly (and that is an art in itself) the greater the chance to stop the genuine fraudsters.

Naveen

Hi All

Let me share my experience for such a similar issue long back with ebay... I wantedly bid on 3 to 4 items(all fake). I won all of them with very huge price.... I didnt make any payment... Seller started emailing me asking when you will transfer monney, I sent him a big email with all stories, he appealed to ebay court, ebay called for the same , I sent them all details with all fake coin news published in many expert blogs, I suggested them not to add any token or fancy items under Coins and Note Section. Ebay court declred as my opnion is correct. Unfortunatly still we see many fake items in coin catogary.... I dont think they can filter each and every listing. I have few friends working in ebay back office Chennai and they are like guys looking for part time jobs mainly, so ebay cannot educate them all about coins(remember they have n number of categories), we r concerned about coins only.

As per my experience, they are banning the account immedialty If the seller violating the ebay policies. My suggestion is, those sellers getting these kind of negative remaks needs to give a warning to list their items under fancy items again they violating probabaly ebay can ban their account.

Figleaf

Thanks for being active on this, Malvingore. Every seller of fakes banned is another one. When there is a case like that, why not keep your contacts inside eBay informed?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

kansal888

Dear Akona
Thanks for taking up a good cause and fighting with ebay.
I like your phrase 'Genuine Fraudster'   

srinath

africancoins

All 5 pieces offered at present are fake without doubt.

Thanks Mr Paul Baker

Coinsforever

Quote from: srinath on November 28, 2011, 07:18:09 PM
i wonder if this guy on ebay is selling genuine coins..

I would name this ebay seller  as "Master of Fakes" - surely running fake mint.

You can check simlar thread dedicated to fake coins only - All the fakes.
Cheers ;D

Coinsforever

I would name this ebay seller  as "Master of Fakes" - surely running fake mint.

ebay fakes

Cheers  ;D

akona20

Are we in agreement that these coins are all fakes?

Md. Shariful Islam

I dont have this coin but from my experience I can tell 1 rupee 8 anna is a sure fake. 8 on the reverse is not good. Most interesting thing is probably the faker has replaced his grandfather's potrait in place of King George :P. And his grandfather's elephant is not properly trained so moving on the opposite direction.

Islam