News:

Read all about the Grand Numismatic Alliance

Main Menu

All the fakes

Started by <k>, August 01, 2011, 12:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

<k>

More fishing.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

kansal888

Dear Friends

Now a days, numerous fake coins are floating in the market (specially on ebay). Many coin collectors are not aware of these fakes. They sometimes dish out large amounts to buy these coins.

Therefore to educate all collectors, I am starting a new topic on fakes. You are welcome to upload images and links of all fake coins you come across.

In first part, I am uploading an image of fake 1Re Fisheries coins being sold on ebay. Starting price if Rs5001.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130584680018&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:IN:1123

Regards

Sanjay Kansal

Abhay

I wonder who is making all these fake coins like Indira Gandhi with Rudraksha Mala, Ambedkar and now the Fisheries. And see the price - they are never sold for less than 4000-5000 rupees.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

kansal888

Fake Indira Gandhi

kansal888

Fake 2 Anna 1955

kansal888

Fake coin of 1972: 25 Years of Independence

kansal888

Fake Quarter Rupee

kansal888

Fake 2009 5 Rupees (Photo Courtesy Sekhar Kaushik Ji)

kansal888

1994 5 Rs fake

kansal888

2002 fake 5Rs

kansal888

fake FAO

Coinsforever

Quote from: kansal888 on October 09, 2011, 07:03:57 AM

Therefore to educate all collectors, I am starting a new topic on fakes. You are welcome to upload images and links of all fake coins you come across.

Appreciable initiative Sanjay , recently I got one Rs.5 wave coin of 2008 that is 200 % fake in comparison to other coins of same series.

Will upload its image later.

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

paisepagal

This is a very good initiative Sanjay...I recommend that you start a sticky thread....rename this thread to "comments on all the fakes"...let everyone post their picture and comments here going forward ...and then you take the relevant bits and post it neatly in the sticky thread.

The very famous Ambedkar coin in the meanwhile
Ashwin

kansal888

I request all my friends and fellow collectors to post pics and links of fakes.
This will educate us.

Abhay

And here is an Unusual 100 rupee Fake Coin.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY