Money Museum Frankfurt: Gold online

Started by chrisild, March 31, 2023, 08:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisild

The Deutsche Bundesbank's Money Museum in Frankfurt (Geldmuseum) shows some of its exhibits online. Great. That includes many gold coins. Wonderful. But ...

At least with my computer I cannot see much. When I go to the "entrance" page - see here - , I can move around, from one marked spot to the other. Like this:

geldmus1.jpg

Then I "stand" in front of some coins, and I can enlarge the view. But to an extremely limited extent only; when I click on any of the coins, I am taken back to the overview. :(

geldmus2.jpg

Seems to me there is no way of getting a better view of a single coin. I will try and play with this, and maybe various browsers, later. Who knows, maybe it's my fault, not theirs.

Tirant

Don't even try to enter by the phone. I just see a 100% black screen :(

Figleaf

It ain't your computer. I got the same symptoms. Also, there was a very long wait at the "entrance" (unlike my neighbours, I still don't have fiber), that may have been even worse on Tirant's phone, as it started out with a screen as black as a New Zealand rugby player.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

chrisild

Bummer. I like(d) the concept of going from one showcase to the next, almost as if I was there. But if I cannot look at each coin, this is pretty much worthless. ::) Thanks to both of you for double checking though!