News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Akbar Square Rupee, Ilahi 34, Ref: KM#91.1

Started by PeaceBD, August 07, 2012, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeaceBD

A new addition to my collection of Akbar's coinage. A square rupee of Akbar with Ilahi year 34. The coin has no indication of mint hence considered mintless type.Attributed as KM#91.1. Obv: Jal Jalalahu Ilahi 34. Rev: Akbar Allah
It took me less than a minute to decide on buying this coin. One of the most beautiful piece of this type I have seen and the  design of flowers and vine is simplistic yet very beautiful. Let me know what you think of this one. More info and your pics are always welcome.

Thanks
Bhushan

Figleaf

An excellent addition to your collection, Bushan. I am glad you can see the difference between this coin and the numerous temple tokens of the same shape. I would have needed a lot more time than one minute, just to determine that it is a coin. A game I like to play with coins of this style is to colour them. White background, red and orange flowers, gold text and you get India. Light blue background, gold flowers and silver text and you get ... the South of Spain!

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

squarecoinman

World square coin book 1900-2000

PeaceBD

Quote from: Figleaf on August 08, 2012, 10:45:49 AM
An excellent addition to your collection, Bushan. I am glad you can see the difference between this coin and the numerous temple tokens of the same shape. I would have needed a lot more time than one minute, just to determine that it is a coin. A game I like to play with coins of this style is to colour them. White background, red and orange flowers, gold text and you get India. Light blue background, gold flowers and silver text and you get ... the South of Spain!

Peter

Thanks Peter. Glad you liked the coin. This site has been very very useful in me understanding these coins. I have looked through almost all Akbar's coin discussions on this forum.
Your idea of looking at these coins is really very interesting.

Quote from: squarecoinman on August 08, 2012, 02:29:07 PM
Nice one Bushan

Thanks a lot.

Bhushan

Ansari

Nice coin Bhushan, your photographic skill adds to the beauty of this coin.

Obverse- Allahu Akbar (God is Greatest).
Reverse- Jalle jalalahu, Ilahi 34 (His Glory is Great, ilahi 34)

Md. Shariful Islam

And now I am amazed to see the taste of Akbar. Akbar's taste of art is well known and these coins are proof of it. What a beautiful mix of the alphabets and the vines. A really really beautiful coin. I wish I would have one such beauty.

Islam

PeaceBD

Quote from: Ansari on August 17, 2012, 04:37:20 PM
Nice coin Bhushan, your photographic skill adds to the beauty of this coin.

Obverse- Allahu Akbar (God is Greatest).
Reverse- Jalle jalalahu, Ilahi 34 (His Glory is Great, ilahi 34)
Tariq, thanks a lot. I appreciate the complete correct translation of the legends.

Quote from: Tanka on August 17, 2012, 07:06:32 PM
And now I am amazed to see the taste of Akbar. Akbar's taste of art is well known and these coins are proof of it. What a beautiful mix of the alphabets and the vines. A really really beautiful coin. I wish I would have one such beauty.

Islam
Islam, what you said is very true. Some of Akbar's other coins are even more beautiful. Keep looking and you will definitely find one.

Thanks
Bhushan