A Competition & Prize for You: Identification

Started by kansal888, July 08, 2012, 04:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kansal888

Quote from: The Oracle on July 14, 2012, 06:43:44 PM
you have to reveal the answer for free but if i reveal the answer then they wil get the prize  ;D ;D

My sources informed me that Mr TO does not know the correct answer. I have already banned TO from participating. He is trying to confuse you so that you also dont win the prize  ;D  ;D  ;D

The Oracle

Quote from: kansal888 on July 15, 2012, 02:34:50 AM
My sources informed me that Mr TO does not know the correct answer. I have already banned TO from participating. He is trying to confuse you so that you also dont win the prize  ;D  ;D  ;D

i can give the answer with SK autograph on it so there is no doubt that it is the correct answer  ;D ;D ;D ;D

if we think a little harder we will know why he has banned me ?  because i knew the answer all along.

kansal ji ,

you can also pay me 10k for not giving the answer  ;D ;D ;D

kansal888

Dear Friends

My profile pic has been taken from Rs100 Proof coin on Centenary of Civil Aviation in India. This is a special set having a die crack error. It is the first time that I have seen a die crack error in a 100 Rs Proof coin.

I was under the impression that Proof coins are the 'best of best' coins having the highest quality. Any mint makes proof coins with utmost care and attention. Proof coins are supposed to showcase the capability of any mint to produce quality coins in which each and every design element is perfect.

Sadly, few proof coins of 100 Rupees on 100 years of Civil Aviation have a hairline die crack error running across the Reverse face. The Mumbai mint has produced these coins with a cracked die. I am enclosing two close-up photographs in which the error is clearly visible.

It is surprising that error is in the first batch of Civil Aviation coins when the brand new dies were used (not worn out). If the error was on smaller 5Rs coin, it could have escaped the human eye. However the error is on 100 Rs proof coin which is very large in size. This is blasphemy on part of the staff of Mumbai Mint.

This die crack is visible in only very few proof sets.

HAPPY HUNTING

kansal888

Congrats PaisePagal for wining the competition. Please PM me your address so that I can dispatch the 5 Rs Tagore Proof coin to you.

Quote from: asm on July 09, 2012, 07:28:44 AM
the first change in Sanjay's profile picture read ears (which he later modified to read only AR, I guess it would be Years...... so something / some where from a coin which is to commemorate xxx years of some occasion......., the AR also showing that the coin in question is a silver.........
Amit

Full marks to Amit Ji also for giving a vital clue to Paise. I tried to misled by using words RS (Rupees)  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D

I never imagined that people paid any attention to my earlier profile pics. Amit ji noticed the subtle changes in my profile from EARS to AR to RS. Due to this, he was able to guess the word YEARS. He also correctly guessed the coin as silver. After this, it was pretty simple for Paise to figure out the rest.

The Oracle

Quote from: kansal888 on July 15, 2012, 04:47:05 PM
Congrats PaisePagal for wining the competition. Please PM me your address so that I can dispatch the 5 Rs Tagore Proof coin to you.

Full marks to Amit Ji also for giving a vital clue to Paise. I tried to misled by using words RS (Rupees)  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D

I never imagined that people paid any attention to my earlier profile pics. Amit ji noticed the subtle changes in my profile from EARS to AR to RS. Due to this, he was able to guess the word YEARS. He also correctly guessed the coin as silver. After this, it was pretty simple for Paise to figure out the rest.

you want paise address? start writing

paise c/o the oracle

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Oracle

Quote from: kansal888 on July 15, 2012, 04:36:47 PM
Dear Friends

My profile pic has been taken from Rs100 Proof coin on Centenary of Civil Aviation in India. This is a special set having a die crack error. It is the first time that I have seen a die crack error in a 100 Rs Proof coin.

I was under the impression that Proof coins are the 'best of best' coins having the highest quality. Any mint makes proof coins with utmost care and attention. Proof coins are supposed to showcase the capability of any mint to produce quality coins in which each and every design element is perfect.

Sadly, few proof coins of 100 Rupees on 100 years of Civil Aviation have a hairline die crack error running across the Reverse face. The Mumbai mint has produced these coins with a cracked die. I am enclosing two close-up photographs in which the error is clearly visible.

It is surprising that error is in the first batch of Civil Aviation coins when the brand new dies were used (not worn out). If the error was on smaller 5Rs coin, it could have escaped the human eye. However the error is on 100 Rs proof coin which is very large in size. This is blasphemy on part of the staff of Mumbai Mint.

This die crack is visible in only very few proof sets.

HAPPY HUNTING

kansal ji

what a nice picture.  how do you know that your coin was from the first batch and not from the last batch?  dies usually crack at the end not at the beginning  ;D ;D ;D

or is this a tailor made coin  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kansal888

Quote from: The Oracle on July 15, 2012, 04:52:41 PM
how do you know that your coin was from the first batch and not from the last batch?  dies usually crack at the end not at the beginning  ;D ;D ;D or is this a tailor made coin  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oracle Ji

Most of the collectors have not received their Civil Aviation sets till date. The booking has just closed recently. The set is available only from the mint counter. So the die crack coin must be from one of the first batches.

Waise; somethings are better left unsaid. The above is part of the story. I may reveal the full story after few years. BTW have you ever seen any Rs100 proof coin with die crack error?

Regards
Sanjay Kansal

The Oracle

Quote from: kansal888 on July 15, 2012, 05:04:57 PM
Oracle Ji
Somethings are better left unsaid. The above is part of the story. I may reveal the full story after few years. BTW have you ever seen any Rs100 proof coin with die crack error?
Regards
Sanjay Kansal

i am just a humble collector so how can i see such rare and exquisite errors? 

The Oracle

Quote from: kansal888 on July 15, 2012, 05:04:57 PM
Oracle Ji

Most of the collectors have not received their Civil Aviation sets till date. The booking has just closed recently. The set is available only from the mint counter. So the die crack coin must be from one of the first batches.

That is if the mint uses FIFO if they use LIFO then it could also be the last batch with this error

kansal888

I am sure our friend Paise or some other members will rush off to the mint & mumbai dealers first thing in the morning in search of elusive die crack error.

I request them to buy one set for me if they come across any die crack error  :D  :D  :D  :D

srinath

paisepagal

Thanks !! But more importantly , THREE CHEERS FOR SANJAY !!!  :D :D :D

Mackie

Waah, Ashwin. Congratulations!! Maine to bachpan main hi bol diya tha that you have got the right answer.  ;D ;D ;D
Warm Regards,
Mackie

malj1

;D great fun!

.....and so what about a consolation prize to drkrish ?  ???

QuoteBoth fonts , on dp and as well as coin are similar and in the above mentioned list by kansal ji , apart from this coin all other coins have "Years" written in lower case , 100 years of civil aviation is the only different design with "YEARS" written in upper case and in the centre of coin with a silver colored background similar to dp. :)
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.