News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

A Competition & Prize for You: Identification

Started by kansal888, July 08, 2012, 04:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kansal888

Dear Friends

Some of you might have noticed my new profile picture. It carries some significance to Republic India Coinage. I request you to please identify it correctly. The first person to identify it correctly stands a chance to win a prize. The prize will be beautiful 5Rs Proof Coin of Tagore. The rules of the competition are as follows:

(a) The competition is open till 20:00 hrs IST Sunday (July 15, 2012)
(b) The first person to identify it correctly will get a prize
(c) The prize will be 5 Rs Tagore Proof in nice packing
(d) I hereby ban Mr Oracle from participating in the competition since he already had the prize (see his profile pic)  ;D  ;D  ;D
(e) The person who comes close to identifying it will get a picture of the coin (not actual coin)  ;D  ;D  ;D
(f) If it is not correctly identified within the permitted timeframe; I reserve the right to not disclose the correct answer  ;D  ;D  ;D

HAPPY HUNTING

Sanjay Kansal

The Oracle

i dont know why am i not allowed to participate in these competetions.  whatever happened to equal opportunity

i can give the answer for one vvip set of your choice

paisepagal

Hehe , Sanjay hasn't banned me yet... That coin is mine ! ;D

kansal888

One more rule

(g) Guesswork is allowed (no negative marking for wrong answers)..even wildest guesses are welcome..

The Oracle

Quote from: paisepagal on July 08, 2012, 05:05:18 PM
Hehe , Sanjay hasn't banned me yet... That coin is mine ! ;D

you can ban him if u like  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mackie

Looks like a silver mint token that comes with proof/ VIP sets.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Mackie

The Oracle

Quote from: Mackie on July 08, 2012, 09:13:33 PM
Looks like a silver mint token that comes with proof/ VIP sets.  ;D

at least tell them what you want kansal ji

akona20

Well to describe anything as RS in Australia is something not very pleasant. So why do we have an RS coin shown?

akhedia

Quote from: kansal888 on July 08, 2012, 04:29:01 PM
Dear Friends

Some of you might have noticed my new profile picture. It carries some significance to Republic India Coinage. I request you to please identify it correctly. The first person to identify it correctly stands a chance to win a prize. The prize will be beautiful 5Rs Proof Coin of Tagore. The rules of the competition are as follows:

(a) The competition is open till 20:00 hrs IST Sunday (July 15, 2012)
(b) The first person to identify it correctly will get a prize
(c) The prize will be 5 Rs Tagore Proof in nice packing
(d) I hereby ban Mr Oracle from participating in the competition since he already had the prize (see his profile pic)  ;D  ;D  ;D
(e) The person who comes close to identifying it will get a picture of the coin (not actual coin)  ;D  ;D  ;D
(f) If it is not correctly identified within the permitted timeframe; I reserve the right to not disclose the correct answer  ;D  ;D  ;D

HAPPY HUNTING

Sanjay Kansal

R S is the initials in the centre of the truncation of the Bust of William IIII coins of East India Company. R S Stands for Robert Saunders who was the MInt Master at the Calcutta Mint from 1826 to 1836.............................But its significance to Republic India Coinage could be a Very Wild & Funny  Guess.....................R S in republic India parlance can stand for Ravi Sharma who is believed to have great clout over the CAlcutta mint and without being the official mintmaster has a influence on the Designs (Read Errors) of the Calcutta mint coins......... :P

asm

Since there are no negative marking for guesses and the first change in Sanjay's profile picture read ears (which he later modified to read only AR, I guess it would be Years...... so something / some where from a coin which is to commemorate xxx years of some occasion......., the AR also showing that the coin in question is a silver.........

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

paisepagal

I thought only I saw that change by cheeky Kansal. Now I have to work faster coz i know asm is on the case too!  ;)

asm

RS for Rajya Shabha (Upper House) of Parliament........ So a coin to commerate 60 Years of Parliament?

Amit

paisepagal

Applying my mind a bit here  ;) ...we need to look for a legend which may be horizontally or vertically straight containing the letters "EARS".. I'm going with Civil Aviation coin. I think it's the 5Rs coin which on some ebay postings looks more silvery than golden in colour

And is that a die crack i see ?

Edit: On second thought, I'll go with the 100Rs proof coin...the die crack issue would have come up if it was a circulation Rs5 coin..and the pic seems to have uneven frosting...typical of the mint  >:(

asm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS...........You hit the nail on the head.........Now let us wait for Sanjay to confirm........

Amit

kansal888

RS could be Rajya Sabha or Rupees Remote Sensing, Recommended Standard or any of the hundred other things... ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D