News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Alderney 1993 £1 - New pound Proof Pickup

Started by coffeyce, August 17, 2010, 01:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffeyce

Heres one I just purchased for 30$.

Chris

EDIT: Title changed

Figleaf

An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

UK Decimal +

I think you'll find that it's this coach, although the article could use some editing.

I remember on 2 June 1953, watching part of the coronation procession on a 'new fangled' television in the window of the local wireless (radio) shop - in black and white.   Later more was seen on the 'Newsreel' at the local pictures (cinema).   I also had a model of the coach.

Bill.
Ilford, Essex, near London, England.

People look for problems and complain.   Engineers find solutions but people still complain.

andyg

interesting you should post that Bill,

I was just about to add this
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

UK Decimal +

A point to note is that the coin is not a UK issue, being from the Channel Island of Alderney.

Bill.

People look for problems and complain.   Engineers find solutions but people still complain.

Figleaf

I can see a cost-saving item for two royal houses. After all, what's the likelihood of both of them having a marriage or coronation on the same day? Maybe New Zealand wants to buy the British carriage for when Britain becomes a republic?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

andyg

We could maybe rent the Dutch ours, after all ours is much better
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

UK Decimal +

Perhaps not, they'd try to pay in €uros.

Bill.