News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

North Pole fantasy sets

Started by Bimat, December 01, 2012, 04:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

...And now we have 'coins' from North Pole. >:D Three sets of 8 coins each, More information from Joel Anderson's website:

Just in time for Christmas!  A coin set from the North Pole.  Each coin in this 24 coin set features a different species of Arctic wildlife.  The set includes three series of eight coins in three different languages, for a total of 24 different coins.  The languages and currencies used are those of the nations bordering the Arctic.  The coins in English are denominated from 5 Dollars to 1 Cent.  The coins in Russian are denominated in from 10 Rubles to .05 Rubles..  The coins in Norwegian are denominated from 50 Kroner to 25 Ore.  The highest three denominations in each series are bi-metallic, for a total of 9 different bimetallic coins.  The obverse of all the coins depicts a map of the Arctic region, the 2012 date and the words "North Pole" in the respective language.  It is an impressive set.

And images:

Reverse:

Common Obverse:

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Figleaf

The first pieces for an area that has no land. This increases my expectations. I want a series for use in the air, with slightly different reverses for use below the clouds and above the clouds. Think of all the birds and rain drops that have to do without coins now! Quick, someone call Amnesty International and complain!

I also want them "just in time for Christmas". Oh the coincidence of it all!

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.