News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Five, ten ... twenty!

Started by chrisild, December 19, 2014, 08:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisild

In February we will see what the new €20 note will look like. :) ECB news: "The ECB and the national central banks of the euro area – the Eurosystem – will unveil the banknote and announce its exact issuance date on 24 February 2015."

Christian

chrisild

Also, the traveling exhibition "The New Face of the Euro" which can currently be seen in Osnabrück (NI, DE) will feature the new €20 note, shortly after the official presentation in February. See here.

Osnabrück, Felix-Nussbaum-Haus
25 January - 3 May 2015
Tue-Fri 11-18, Sat-Sun 10-18 h
(Mon closed; first Thursday of the month -20 h)

Christian

Figleaf

Two Germans walk into an exhibition of abstract art. They are fascinated by a detail of a banknote. The man declares "a landscape", whereupon the woman reacts with "a portrait". A guard walks by and they ask him what the piece of art reflect. "Nussbaum in Osnabrück", the guard explains. "A landscape", concludes the man. "A portrait", the woman reacts.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

eurocoin

The 2 windows that were placed next to each other are now overlaying, the rear window gets a red color. The banknote will have the same portrait hologram as the earlier denominations in the Europa series.

chrisild

Ha, that looks suspiciously similar to what I noticed while playing the new Euro Tetris version ...

Christian

eurocoin

Indeed a bit pity but it just gives some idea to what it will look like. The image comes from the invitation for the unveiling ceremony that I received a few days ago.

chrisild

Quote from: eurocoin on February 05, 2015, 09:35:57 PM
The image comes from the invitation for the unveiling ceremony that I received a few days ago.

Ah, cool! :)  If you go, please let us know about your impressions. This is the "matching" part from the security stripe, except that my only source is indeed that game ...

Christian

chrisild

Voilà - the schedule. We do not have a precise "first issue" date, but look at the attached picture. So some time in (late) fall. You can also download the image, in PDF format, here. That file is scalable and comes in various languages (replace the "en" with "de" for German, "fr" for French, etc.) ...

Christian

chrisild

This could be an interesting feature: The window in the hologram becomes transparent when held against light. Well, not in the same way as with polymer notes, I suppose. But transparency, even if only to a certain degree, is always a good thing. ;)

Christian

eurocoin

Quote from: chrisild on February 05, 2015, 11:18:21 PM
Ah, cool! :)  If you go, please let us know about your impressions.
Christian

Unfortunately, my school won't allow me to, as always  >:(

chrisild

Bummer. Well, I hope that we will soon learn about the new features anyway ...

Christian

chrisild

And this is it. The new €20 note, to be issued as from 25 Nov 2015 ...

"PS": This video (just that, no sound) shows the portrait window, and some other features.

Christian

chrisild

See those diagonal lines on the left and right of the obverse? Those of you who are familiar with euro notes will know that they are raised, so you can actually feel them. What I did not know is that their number apparently follows a certain pattern ...

€5: 26 lines
€10: 24 lines (12 / 12)
€20: 22 lines (7 / 8 / 7)

Christian

eurocoin

eurocoin

Quote from: chrisild on April 13, 2015, 05:45:12 PM
See those diagonal lines on the left and right of the obverse? Those of you who are familiar with euro notes will know that they are raised, so you can actually feel them. What I did not know is that their number apparently follows a certain pattern ...

€5: 26 lines
€10: 24 lines (12 / 12)
€20: 22 lines (7 / 8 / 7)

Christian

The new 50 euro banknote has 32 lines.