Coin exhibition at Thrissur, Kerala

Started by Rajagopal, April 18, 2014, 08:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Rajagopal

Dear members, we are organising an exhibition exclusively for coins and currencies at Thrissur, Kerala at Pandi Samooha Madam Hall on May 17th and 18th. We will be extremely happy to have any members from woc for that. Thrissur is a small city in the middle of Kerala and has been called as the cultural capital of Kerala even though we are not that cultured ;D :D

Figleaf

I wish you much success for bringing coin culture to Thrissur. I am unfortunately too far away to attend, but I would like to urge WoC members to consider going there.

Such initiatives may seem to have little effect, but the effect they have is all in the right direction. Attendees may be induced to study the coins and find that subjects they did not like in school, such as history, are actually fascinating. Those who are inspired to educate themselves wil inevitable find that they have a long, common history with the neighbours, perhaps making them just a little bit more understanding, tolerant and peaceful. So let's cheer for such initiatives.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Naveen

welcome to Kerala - A Mallu..........

Dux

Thanks for the information Rajagopal sir..

dheer

Its great to know that coin collecting is reaching smaller cities and will help spread the culture of coin collecting.
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies