Akbar Ahmedabad Kalima Type Mohur AH 986 Liddle #G6

Started by PeaceBD, January 24, 2013, 04:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeaceBD

Akbar Ahmedabad Kalima Type Mohur AH 986. Liddle #G6. Kalima in triple square on the obverse with name of Khalifs in the margin. The name and title of the emperor in a triple mehrab on the reverse with the mintname on the bottom. The coin is virtually as stuck with only slight signs of circulation on the high points. Please let me know what you guys think.  Please do share pics if you have one of this type.

Thanks
Bhushan

Oesho

The silver and gold coins of Akbar of Dar al-Sultanat Ahmadabad are very attractive. Attached my specimen, dated AH985. I presume you all will appreciate it too.

capnbirdseye

Both very beautiful coins, gold coins are out of my reach now but still happy to collect copper & silver  ;D
Vic

asm

Quote from: Oesho on January 24, 2013, 11:21:51 AM
The silver and gold coins of Akbar of Dar al-Sultanat Ahmadabad are very attractive. 

I fully agree with your views. These coins are a treat to the eyes...............................

Attached my specimen, dated AH985. I presume you all will appreciate it too.

Your coins are just beautiful.......I always wish, I could lay my hands on similar coins........

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

abhinumis

Dr.Abhishek

Quant.Geek

Truly remarkable coins in excellent state of preservation.  The calligraphy on these gold and silver coins are just stunning. Never really ventured towards Northern India in my collection, but might one of these days. 

Ram
A gallery of my coins can been seen at FORVM Ancient Coins

PeaceBD

The silver and gold coins of Akbar of Dar al-Sultanat Ahmadabad are very attractive. Attached my specimen, dated AH985. I presume you all will appreciate it too.
Oesho, these Ahmedabad coins are really very beautiful and I am glad still comparatively affordable compared to other Akbar's mohurs. Your specimen is really nice and a date which I have not seen often.
Here is my rupee of this type. The flan of this type of coins I have seen are perfectly round. Can anyone comment on why the coin made later did not follow this practice?
Also has anyone encountered mohurs of this type with a broader flan which would show the complete square on the obverse and mehrab on the reverse ?

Thanks a lot everyone for the comments.