News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

A Competition & Prize for You: Identification

Started by kansal888, July 08, 2012, 04:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

A great gift and encouragement, Drogunks. Make sure it gets a good home, with pleasant neighbours in your collection. It's also a wonderful opportunity to read up on Rabindranath Tagore. He's the perfect role model for a young, enthusiastic Indian.

(Happy to see you have electricity today; apparently, others are not yet so lucky.)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

kansal888

I and Paise decided to gift the coin to Drogunks (Akash). The correct tracking number is EU675827882IN. It can be tracked here
Speed Post Tracking It took extra time to reach Bhubaneshwar. Now Akash has confirmed that he received the proof coin.

paisepagal

drkrish

So, as the suspense is over...plz tell us how did you guys  get his address?? :)

paisepagal

I've had it for a long time, and I still have to send Akash a little something :)

paisepagal

Btw, it was this particular post that helped me choose, the fact that he's the youngest active member of our forum

http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,13274.msg91292.html#msg91292

@josephjk

Quote from: kansal888 on July 31, 2012, 05:12:56 PM
I and Paise decided to gift the coin to Drogunks (Akash). The correct tracking number is EU675827882IN. It can be tracked here
Speed Post Tracking It took extra time to reach Bhubaneshwar. Now Akash has confirmed that he received the proof coin.
Really nice of both of you to encourage a young collector!

Drogunks

So I am the youngest here.  :D I like it.  ;D  Yes Peter, I will get good neighbours for my coin. Right now he doesn't have any pleasant ones. He will leave with my cross 2rs mule coins of 2005 and 2007, 1996 milled edge 5 rupees coins. :-[ For now he will have to live with them. And yes I am accessing net through laptop. We have electricity but for no good. The voltage is very very low. The light is less brighter than candles.
Why so serious?

Drogunks

Ashwin ji thank you very very much for recommending me. You can never guess how happy you have made me. ;D ;D

(And yes the light is bright again :P)
Why so serious?

Mackie

Congrats, Drogunks!! I was dying to know the name of the winner. You are just 18 and you still have loads of time. I am sure you will have many more proof coins in your collection soon. I am also planning to buy my first Indian proof coin soon but price is definitely the biggest concern.  :P

Kansal ji, when is the next competition?  ??? ???
Warm Regards,
Mackie

srinath

Quote from: srinath on July 24, 2012, 06:22:08 PM
if i am not wrong, this young man must be the youngest person on the forum and has not responded to this thread.. ::)

am i right kansal ji?

congrats Akash.. i have already guessed that its you :)

Einstein

Regards-
Shekhar.

malj1

Quote from: Drogunks on July 31, 2012, 06:24:57 PM
Ashwin ji thank you very very much for recommending me. You can never guess how happy you have made me. ;D ;D

(And yes the light is bright again :P)

I can imagine what a joy it was to receive such a lovely and unexpected gift.  :)

The missing electricity made the news today - even here in Australia!
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

kansal888

I dont know how many proof sets of Civil Aviation were made by the Mumbai mint with a die crack error.
I request members like The Orcle, Paise, Engipress etc to inform if their proof sets have die crack or not.