One of a kind: Rejections!

Started by <k>, February 03, 2012, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

<k>

Parent topic:  One of a kind

In the parent topic, our members post images of coins whose design themes they believe to be unique.

If another member proves they are not unique, the original post is banished to this topic.  ;D

A cell phone or mobile phone appears on this Isle of Man pound coin. I say it's UNIQUE!
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

<k>

Another Isle of Man coin, showing a PC this time. Is it unique? I think so.

paisepagal

Quote from: coffeetime on February 03, 2012, 12:17:33 AM
A cell phone or mobile phone appears on this Isle of Man pound coin. I say it's UNIQUE!

Well, here's a Pigeon holding a cellphone  ... Sounds pretty unique to me  ;D...

<k>

Quote from: paisepagal on February 03, 2012, 04:44:58 AM
Well, here's a Pigeon holding a cellphone  ... Sounds pretty unique to me  ;D...

Well spotted! In my defence I would say it's a cartoon cellphone compared to a realistic one. What do the members think? Should my contribution go to Room 101? Should it be rejected? I await your verdict.  ;)

VERDICT: Rejected!

Vivek

Nokia_3310.jpg

I think its not cartoon mobile ???...its based on Nokia's famous model 3310.  ;) ;)
I had this set too abt 5years back...one of the sturdy mobiles... 8)
Vivek

gerard974

Hello
I have finded 5 francs KM 15 of comoros but is not possible to put the photo because too heavy
Gerard

chrisild

Comoros 5fr 1992_.jpg

Hmm, this one?

Christian

gerard974

Hello Christian
Yes is those coin and i dont known if in other part of the world we can find those fish
Best regards  Gerard

<k>

So what is the verdict?

1] Yes. It's the only coelacanth on a coin. (Try saying THAT after a few beers).

2] No. It's just a fish.

Comments?

<k>

Quote from: coffeetime on February 03, 2012, 04:52:40 PM
So what is the verdict?

1] Yes. It's the only coelacanth on a coin. (Try saying THAT after a few beers).

2] No. It's just a fish.

Comments?

Quote from: paisepagal on February 03, 2012, 06:01:51 PM
I don't think many people will particularly jump out of their seats just looking at the pic...to realise that this is a prehistoric fish that we all thought extinct for a very long time, then probably....my vote is a NO....

I would be tempted to say "Yes": it's a very special species of fish. Can anybody break the deadlock: "Yes" -  or "No" ?  ;)

<k>

I've lots of tractors on coins before, but only one combined harvester. OK, it's on two coins, but it's the same design, slightly amended.

Coinsforever

Quote from: paisepagal on February 03, 2012, 04:44:58 AM

History states since  centuries Pigeons were High Speed Communicators .

The advent of wireless communication led to rising pigeon unemployment :D

The  commemorative  coin depict pigeon holding Nokia mobile inter linked to above facts
& design theme on the coin was issued by   telecommunications ministry  of India.

Therefore doesn't unqiue at all.

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

<k>

I have had to reject my own entry, because I found another combine harvester.  :-[  :'(  This isn't easy.

Australia, 1 dollar, 2012.  Combine harvester at work.

<k>

I defy you to find another coin that uses electric pylons as its subject. The Mozambique 5000 Meticais of 1998 does exactly that. Not, you would think, a particularly promising subject, but the artist (unknown as yet!) could scarcely have made a better job of it.

<k>

The microchip is represented symbolically in one of the rings on the reverse of the standard UK two pound circulation coin.

Do any other coins depict microchips?