Author Topic: 500 /- Rupees - shifted watermark  (Read 2065 times)

Offline sekharkausik

500 /- Rupees - shifted watermark
« on: April 05, 2011, 07:28:46 AM »
This five hundred Rupee note has been in my collection for a long time. It has bewildered many bank officers . They have attested to the geniuness of the note but have refused to accept it. You can see that Gandhiji's watermark has shifted way above than its regular place.

Sekhar Kausik

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Re: 500 /- Rupees - shifted watermark
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 07:47:39 AM »
Nice find. I have seen many errors but never come across such an error where the full sheet has moved and the notes have been printed with the water mark not in the center of the panel....... It could also have resulted in partially printed notes in the first and last line........

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:23:55 AM »
Spectacular note.

I have seen many  inverted ,shifted & no water marks on various stamps of pre -independence India , Indian convention & Feudatory states .

However water marks errors on stamps are uncommon with high special  prices in catalog , this note is of similar category as said by asm  unique error.

What is serial no of this 500 Rs note with insert Alphabet ? may be full scan would be helpful for more analysis.

Cheers ;D

Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline nomadbird

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »
An if this is a fancy serial number note, you would probably be fetching some bucks on it.
Thx
Nomadbird