Author Topic: Hall, AT: Book a "Numismatic Trip"  (Read 1817 times)

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
Hall, AT: Book a "Numismatic Trip"
« on: February 16, 2011, 12:26:37 AM »
In Hall (Tyrol, Austria) you can now book a three-day "numismatic trip" package: Two nights* in or near Hall (the "birthplace of the thaler"), a city tour in the historic old town, and a mint museum visit. If you book the package, you also get the 2011 Austrian silver-niobium coin and can mint your own silver medal ...

http://www.regionhall.at/de/muenzreise-ersten-taler-mode-1.html

(* Accomodations range from a room in a private home to a four-star hotel.) Please note that I just read about this package and am not in any way affiliated with the museum or any other part of the offer. :)

Christian

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Hall, AT: Book a "Numismatic Trip"
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »
It is certainly an innovative offer, making creative use of the town's strong points. I plan to be in the neighbourhood in a few months. However, I strongly suspect that the package price is per person and if you come with two or three persons, only one of whom is interested in coins, the package becomes outlandishly expensive.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Austrokiwi

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »
I was also wondering if they would change the coin to the 2003 issue of the same denomination ;)

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:58:10 PM »
According to what they say on that page, the price is per person (in a double room) and covers the two two nights plus the "extras". Guess that, if you want the 2003 Nb-Ag coin, you would have to pay a little more. :)

Christian

Offline Prosit

• Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 10:29:38 PM »
Will you have the leeway to maybe tour the mint?
Dale

It is certainly an innovative offer, making creative use of the town's strong points. I plan to be in the neighbourhood in a few months. However, I strongly suspect that the package price is per person and if you come with two or three persons, only one of whom is interested in coins, the package becomes outlandishly expensive.

Peter

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 11:34:06 PM »
The Hall mint is no longer operative. I guess they let you get very close, as far as safety allows. I have some neat tokens advertising the Hall mint. They were probably produced there.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 11:42:43 PM »
Hmm, visiting Hasegg castle (where the mint used to be and where the mint museum now is) is a core part of the trip. :) The last time Austrian coins were made there was in 1976, and those were commems only ...

Christian

Offline Prosit

• Honorary Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 11:53:34 PM »
Visiting Hasegg castle (mint museum) like mentioned by Christian is what I actually meant.
Dale

The Hall mint is no longer operative. I guess they let you get very close, as far as safety allows. I have some neat tokens advertising the Hall mint. They were probably produced there.

Peter