Japanese 500 Yen 'Prefecture' Series

Started by Bimat, January 16, 2011, 04:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pingu

Issue price in Japan:

500Yen Japanese Prefecture Series:

in Roles: face value (only in banks and foreign traders)

Coin-Card: 1000 Yen (all buyers)

Coincard with stamps: 2000 Yen (4 stamps in the block)(only japanese traders ? - no offer with the Japan-Mint - by advance orders sells off?)

Coincard with stamps: 1600 Yen (4 stamps - no block)(only japanese traders ? - no offer with the Japan-Mint - by advance orders sells off?)

500Yen PP: 2800 Yen (foreign traders and japanese traders - 30000 pieces/Coin)

Set with 3 Coins 2009: 3000 Yen ? (all buyers)

Set with 4 Coins 2010: 3500 Yen (all buyers)

Circulation of the coins in complete/of it in roles:

Hokkaido: 2,100,000/1,822,000
Kyoto:     2,050,000/1,772,000
Shimane:  1,970,000/1,694,000
Nagano:   1,830,000/1,628000
Niigata:    1,840,000/1,636,000
Ibaraki:    1,870,000/1,662,000
Nara:       1,800,000/1,600,000

Kochi: 1,960,000/1,806,000 (yet the whole number - it must not be still drawn off the annual set!)
Gifu:   1,860,000/1,708,000 (yet the whole number - it must not be still drawn off the annual set!)
Fukui: 1,830,000/1,674,000 (yet the whole number - it must not be still drawn off the annual set!)

Aichi:    1,950,000/- (still no number present for the Coincard + annual set (-about 160,000))
Aomori: 1,900,000/- (still no number present for the Coincard + annual set (-about 160,000))
Saga:   1,910,000/- (still no number present for the Coincard + annual set (-about 160,000))

1000Yen Japanese Prefecture Series (complete edition 100,000 pieces/Coin - contains 3 different issues of the coins):

- 1000Yen PP: 6000 Yen (foreign traders and japanese traders)

- 1000Yen PP with stamps: 7800Yen (4 stamps in the block)

- 1000Yen PP with stamps: 7400Yen (4 stamps - no block)

no guarantee for the numbers - source: JNDA
--------------------------------------------------------------
pingu

Figleaf

Interesting and illuminating, Pingu. The mintages are small for a population like that of Japan. I suspect the dealers can sell these numbers easily to the Japanese, so few are exported and I suspect there is little demand for the series outside Japan.

In fact, I find almost all Japanese commemoratives hard to very hard to get.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Bimat

Those colored proof coins of the series look bad IMO.

(Nagano coin for example)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

In fact, I find almost all Japanese commemoratives hard to very hard to get.

That's true, may be because there are very few dealers who deal in Japanese coins, unlike American, Euro or British coins. So in spite of reasonably high mintage numbers, they are hard to get. And Japanese dealers tend to ask notoriously unrealistic shipping charges which makes them even more expensive. :-\

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Mackie

Quote from: Bimat on November 26, 2011, 08:18:13 AM
Those colored proof coins of the series look bad IMO.

(Nagano coin for example)

Aditya

Aditya,

May be its the coin that you have selected. I feel rest of the coins are pretty decent looking and the fact that makes these coins even more special is that these 40 mm coins are being minted in gem proof quality from 99.9% pure silver.  ;D

Warm Regards,
Mackie

Bimat

The images given on Japanese mint's website are not of real coins but 'photoshopped'. Believe me, the actual colored coin (I'm not talking about this particular coin but colored coins in general) doesn't look so good when you get it in your hands.

BTW that was just my opinion, others may not agree. :) Who's going to buy them anyway? ;D

Aditya

Mackie

Aditya,

I guess I have to agree with you on this one :p I am not too sure about the Japanese colored coins but yeah I still remember how disappointed I was when I realized that the Canadian colored quarters aren't as bright and pretty as they appear on the Canadian mint website. :p
Warm Regards,
Mackie

pingu

Hello,

I have the whole up to now appeared coins and find you are very nice for colour coins.
The production is compared with other colour coins still well over the average.

Greetings from Germany
pingu

Bimat

Got four more today. And they are b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.  :)

(Nagano, Nigata, Ibaraki, Nara: All dated 2009)

Aditya

Bimat

Got three more today. :) All are dated 2011.

Kumamoto, Toyama and Tottori

They are really very nice!

Aditya

Bimat

Here are images of next three coins from the series: Shiga, Iwate and Akita. They are yet to be issued (or just issued, I don't know exactly!)

Aditya

Bimat

And first three issues of 2012: Okinawa, Kanagawa and Miyazaki.

Aditya

Bimat

Got three more today (Kyoto, Shimane and Hokkaido, all dated 2008) and with this, my collection of 500 yen bimetallic coins is complete. (At-least for now!) :) Waiting for remaining 3 issues of 2011. I guess they will be issued soon..

Aditya

Figleaf

Congratulations. That's a feat, Bimat. My guess is not many people outside Japan can say that.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Bimat

Quote from: Figleaf on December 26, 2011, 05:21:22 PM
Congratulations. That's a feat, Bimat. My guess is not many people outside Japan can say that.
Thanks! :) These coins are indeed hard to find and I ended up in spending lot of money for them. :-\ But I couldn't resist. I may have spent 2-3 months' budget for coins on these coins but when I look at them, I don't feel bad for it. ;)

Aditya