Author Topic: Aurangzeb. 1/2 Rupee. Mint: Junagadh. 107X RY:?  (Read 459 times)

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Aurangzeb. 1/2 Rupee. Mint: Junagadh. 107X RY:?
« on: June 25, 2017, 05:51:18 PM »
A recent acquisition from an auction that concluded yesterday, a Half rupee of Junagadh issued during the rule of Aurangzeb.

I think the legend is written very differently from the normal legend on Junagadh coins. The legend is as seen in the early issues from Junagadh. Here it is Shah (as bottom divider) Aurang / zeb (as second divider) / Alamgir. Normal Later coins have the legend written as Shah Aurang / Zeb / Alamgir in a square boundary.

Need help from experts..........to confirm.

Amit
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:16:12 AM by asm »
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
Re: Aurangzeb. 1/2 Rupee. Mint: Junagadh. 107X RY:?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 01:36:18 AM »
A recent acquisition from an auction that concluded yesterday, a Half rupee of Junagadh issued during the rule of Aurangzeb.

I think the legend is written very differently from the normal legend on Junagadh coins. The legend is as seen in the early issues from Junagadh. Here it is Shah (as bottom divider) Aurang / zeb (as second divider) / Alamgir. Normal Later coins have the legend written as Shah Aurang / Zeb / Alamgir in a square boundary.

Need help from experts..........to confirm.

Amit

Congrats Amitji,

I'm still  not able to read mint on this fraction please mark the same.Does such coins appear with mint name if you have in data please post to learn.
But definitely hard to find such fraction.

Cheers  ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Re: Aurangzeb. 1/2 Rupee. Mint: Junagadh. 107X RY:?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 11:19:27 AM »
I'm still  not able to read mint on this fraction please mark the same.
Well, the type is attributed by type and legend. No part of the mint name is seen on the coin. In fact, I ha asked Oesho to confirm.

Does such coins appear with mint name if you have in data please post to learn. But definitely hard to find such fraction.
This is the first fraction of this mint that I have seen.......... so unable to help with images. No coin is listed on ZENO. In fact, Oesho told me that these coins are generally very crudely engraved and there are numerous variations in the arrangement observed on the coins.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"