News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Comments On List of Indian Commemorative Coins

Started by Bimat, February 10, 2010, 06:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kansal888

The best and simplest solution will be to put a star against 2004 Telecommunication, RBI Golden Jubilee 2 Rs, 10Rs Gur Ta Gaddi and similar coins.

We can write in the footnote that those coins were not issued for general circulation through RBI & banking channels but issued only in the mint sets.

The Oracle

Quote from: dheer on August 30, 2012, 09:18:17 AM
In you view would you also treat the 2004 Telecommunications coin at par with durgadas B?

It will take a personal meeting for me to explain my views.  It is so long.  But yes if you consider the sets to be legal tender then yes telecom is at par with durgadas b but the problem with telecom is that there are 2 varieties.  now the problem with the legal tender itself is so long and complicated.  and the contradiction to that is that if it is not a coin then it is a token and there is a significant market for indian tokens as well.  but to accurately understand this topic you have to take finances out of the equation.

needless to say it is quite convoluted but if i see at a fair we can talk for a few minutes if the subject interests you  :)

The Oracle

Quote from: ashishparui03 on August 30, 2012, 09:11:38 AM
nobodys list is 100 % accurate,updated ,like in ravis list i dont agree for 2rs land vital resource came in circulation.while in siddharths list i dont agree jay prakash calcutta mint ,in my opinion that coin is mumbai mint without mintmark n der are many more.so the debate will go on,

never say never amigo

for the record i am on board that lvl and jpn should be in the list

The Oracle

Quote from: kansal888 on August 30, 2012, 02:22:38 PM
The best and simplest solution will be to put a star against 2004 Telecommunication, RBI Golden Jubilee 2 Rs, 10Rs Gur Ta Gaddi and similar coins.

We can write in the footnote that those coins were not issued for general circulation through RBI & banking channels but issued only in the mint sets.

sets for the general public  ;)

dheer

Quote from: kansal888 on August 30, 2012, 02:22:38 PM
... RBI Golden Jubilee 2 Rs ...

Getting in the Rs 2 Golden Jubilee  ??? ???
My take is this was in 1985 and the Rs 2 was not issued for General Circulation till 1990 ... so this definitely does not figure in ... if this one figures in, then all the other denominations should also figure in ...
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

The Oracle

Quote from: dheer on August 30, 2012, 04:30:58 PM
Getting in the Rs 2 Golden Jubilee  ??? ???
My take is this was in 1985 and the Rs 2 was not issued for General Circulation till 1990 ... so this definitely does not figure in ... if this one figures in, then all the other denominations should also figure in ...

dear dheer which list should it not go in?  thanks

dheer

Quote from: The Oracle on August 30, 2012, 05:27:50 PM
dear dheer which list should it not go in?  thanks

In Circulation commemorative list of MS that we are trying to get fixed ...

Plus fi we are to discuss about this, then why leave out
1991 Rs 5/- and Rs 2/- to commemorate Tourism year
1991 Rs 5/- to commemorate Common wealth Parliamentary conference

dheer

See the post http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,16851.0.html
where we are discussing some of the coins that should be in the list or not ...
As the topic is becoming large, I propose we create a separate topic for each of the coins to be discussed.
In the discussion of each topic, we restrict the discussion more to that particular coin ...

Opinion can be diverse and all key persons are requested to put their opinion.

The main list at the end of this would be modified to include a link for each of the topic that has diverse opinion.
An individual may then decide whether he needs to follow this list and include the coins in question ...

In this post only give a list of coins to be discussed.

dheer

My List is

- International Year of Family - Cal and Noida Mint
- Jay Prakash Narayan - Cal Mint
- Chittranjan Das - Hyderabad Mint
- 1971 Food for All - Rs 10 and 20 Paise
- Rs 1 Veer Duraga Das - Bombay Mint
- 4 Cu-Ni of SBI, ONGC, Khadi, war of Independence

The Oracle

Quote from: dheer on August 30, 2012, 05:38:44 PM
In Circulation commemorative list of MS that we are trying to get fixed ...

Plus fi we are to discuss about this, then why leave out
1991 Rs 5/- and Rs 2/- to commemorate Tourism year
1991 Rs 5/- to commemorate Common wealth Parliamentary conference
coin
ah now i see the source of your troubles.  the name of the list should be commemorative coin list of india.  why be bothered about the packaging it was released in.  yes those 3 should also be in commemorative coin list of india

kansal888

I also second the opinion of Paise. Lets merge the posts in this thread to the original post..

dheer

The reason I put this out was to establish some groud rules as to what we would discuss ...
list we do not want to deviate to much from a particular coin ...
we want all opinions and reasoning ...

I do'nt want to create a 6 or 10 post if valued members do not find it useful ...  :)

dheer

Quote from: The Oracle on August 30, 2012, 08:02:16 PM
coin
ah now i see the source of your troubles.  the name of the list should be commemorative coin list of india.  why be bothered about the packaging it was released in.  yes those 3 should also be in commemorative coin list of india

There are 2 lists on the WOC, one by MS that gives out Circulating Commemoratives ... this does not list for example the Silver coins that were'nt in circulation ... in this list there are certain items that some of us do not agree ... for example the 1971 food for all or the 2003 Veer Durga Das etc ... this is where I am suggesting we discuss each coin by itself and everyone put out the opinion without deviating too much ...

There is another list by Sanjayji, that has all the commemoratives [ie everything, it does not distinguish between coins that were never released in Proof/UNC but directly as circulation, or were only released in Proof/UNC and never in circulation or both]. So there is no dispute in this list ...

The Oracle

Quote from: dheer on August 31, 2012, 07:07:58 AM
There are 2 lists on the WOC, one by MS that gives out Circulating Commemoratives ... this does not list for example the Silver coins that were'nt in circulation ... in this list there are certain items that some of us do not agree ... for example the 1971 food for all or the 2003 Veer Durga Das etc ... this is where I am suggesting we discuss each coin by itself and everyone put out the opinion without deviating too much ...

There is another list by Sanjayji, that has all the commemoratives [ie everything, it does not distinguish between coins that were never released in Proof/UNC but directly as circulation, or were only released in Proof/UNC and never in circulation or both]. So there is no dispute in this list ...

exactly and that should be the only list (sanjay ji).  ever other list is an exercise in futility because you are shortening the list using variables or opinions of people who may or may not have complete knowledge and who may or may not be manipulating the list to suit their own ideas and agendas.  List everything in one list like kansal ji and members can decide what they want to have in their collection.  that is their private matter and neither up for scrutiny nor debate. 

Figleaf

Couldn't this be solved by either dividing the list in sections or using footnotes?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.