News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Looks like Malwa Issue

Started by shariqkhan, December 23, 2023, 08:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shariqkhan

Looks like Malwa Issue but Legends are not matching with Akbar or Any other Mughal Ruler Coin issued from Malwa.
Wt : Around 6.80 Grams

Expert plz confirm the id.

Thanks

Seeker55

shariqkhan

Seeker55

The square shape, weight, and dimensions suggest the possibility of a falus from the later Sultans of Malwa, possibly Muhammad bin Muzaffar or Baz Bahadur. However, in looking through Zeno and Goron/Goenka I didn't notice a match to the coin in question. Hopefully another member will have better luck finding a match or be able to read the coin.

capnbirdseye

It does appear to have Mughal influence rather than Sultanate but I can't offer anything more than that, I guess you had no luck on Fb groups? A few of mine have ended up identified as "Malwa-type but an imitative one" 
Vic

shariqkhan

Yes, At facebook also no inputs so far. Calligraphy on this coin not looks imitative to me but I will try to find more similar coins.

Thanks

shariqkhan

Quote from: Seeker55 on December 30, 2023, 04:33:20 AMThe square shape, weight, and dimensions suggest the possibility of a falus from the later Sultans of Malwa, possibly Muhammad bin Muzaffar or Baz Bahadur. However, in looking through Zeno and Goron/Goenka I didn't notice a match to the coin in question. Hopefully another member will have better luck finding a match or be able to read the coin.

Thanks a lot for looking into it.

saro

It could be a falus of Akbar from Sironj mint  ?( Malwa weight standard/ circa 995 AH).
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)