News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

How do one become member of NSI?

Started by Kid Romeo, January 29, 2010, 10:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Romeo

How can one become member of Numismatic Society of India?

The website doesn't help much. In fact it looks like it was last updated in 2008 and doesn't elaborate about how to pay for membership or provide member's list to approach anyone to propose for membership. Even the page title is spelled incorrectly.

Do anyone know how to go about it?

chrisild

Have not tried it myself, but since the NSI seems to be connected to the AIHC/Archeology Dept. of that university, I would simply call or e-mail them. See http://www.bhu.ac.in/aihc/contact.htm ...

Christian

asm

India Post is your best bet KR.

Write a normal request to them through an ordinary letter. They take their time, but do reply. They will send you a form. Fill it up and send it back to them with the necessary fees. In due course you will start getting their circulars (may be one or two each year - in connection with their annual conference and one for the journal).

The form has to be proposed or seconded by members. Don't worry. In one you may write my name. The second, you may leave blank or leave both blank. They will do it themselves.

See.... they are nice people. But they do things their way, not yours or mine.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Kid Romeo

Thanks Chris and Amit for the advices. I think I'll try Amit's tried and tested way of getting membership.

asm

KR,

The site has a download for the application form
You may be able to save some time.

Amit

Kid Romeo

Yeah I noticed the form but as I said it doesn't clarify how to pay the membership fees. I think a demand draft is most likely mode of payment but whose favor should it be. I am confused.  :-\

asm

A demand draft in favour of "the Seceratary, Numismatic Society of India" for the value indicated. It should be payable at Varanasi.

Amit

Kid Romeo

Thanks a lot for all the assistance Amit. Now if you can PM me your full name and membership number (if required), I will start the print out.

asm

KR,

A few years after I became a Life Member, I still no not know my membership no.

I'll send you my name and address by a PM shortly.

Amit