Shah Alam II , Mint Hasanabad, Paisa , RY 3/1175 AH, Rare.

Started by sarwar khan, October 21, 2023, 04:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarwar khan

INO Mughal Emperor Shah Alam II

Minted at Hasanabad,

Denomination:- Paisa,

Obv: Zarb Hasanabad with RY 3.
Rev: Shah Alam Falus with 1175.
Issue year:- 1175 AH / 1762 AD.

Rare specimen in Pleasant condition. This coin AH date falls under the first Reign of Shah Alam II.

According to Shailen Bhandare Sir, this coin was minted in 'Hasanpur' near Amroha in UP because the coin fit the bill for it to be a Rohilkhand mint.

Sent from my M2007J17I using Tapatalk

Figleaf

Nice die reconstruction, SK. I take it you think the mint is Hasanabad, rather than Hasanpur. Are they different names for the same place or different places?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

sarwar khan

Quote from: Figleaf on October 28, 2023, 09:01:30 AMNice die reconstruction, SK. I take it you think the mint is Hasanabad, rather than Hasanpur. Are they different names for the same place or different places?

Peter
Figleaf Sir The place of Hasanabad nearby Amorah district of Uttar Pradesh.During the dominion of Rohilla in this place or nearby place many mints had set up for mintage of coinage. Copper coinage was issued from Hasanabad mint during the reign of Shah Alam II before that all Known coinage in silver.

Sent from my CPH2505 using Tapatalk