Visit to Dutch museums with numismatic material

Started by Figleaf, May 06, 2021, 08:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisild

Oh sh*t. Hope you can still enjoy Haarlem and the museum!

(Side note: I picked a really great time for my trip to SoCal. It is cold, with snow in the areas roughly above 2000 ft and pouring rain elsewhere. Actually today was a little better, but ... sigh.)

mrbrklyn

Quote from: chrisild on February 27, 2023, 05:37:09 AMOh sh*t. Hope you can still enjoy Haarlem and the museum!

(Side note: I picked a really great time for my trip to SoCal. It is cold, with snow in the areas roughly above 2000 ft and pouring rain elsewhere. Actually today was a little better, but ... sigh.)

the tyler was mos excellent, bettr than any of the reports.  The coins were well documened and had wonderful audio explaining many of the important examples and you can get real close.  I just had no decent camera.

chrisild

We will not expect you to post images then. :'(  Hope that, despite the theft of your camera, you are enjoying your trip!

mrbrklyn

Quote from: chrisild on March 03, 2023, 11:07:26 AMWe will not expect you to post images then. :'(  Hope that, despite the theft of your camera, you are enjoying your trip!

I tried.  I did take some pics with a pad, not great through.  I hit the Van Gogh, Kroller, spend Shabbat at the Esnoga,
hit the Teyler, and then the Rijks, before heading to Israel to see the grandchildren for Purim.  My coin dealers in Jerusalem
I missed this time.  Next time.  I also wanted to meet with some dealers in Amsterdam, but didn't have time.

The Teyler was the high light of the trip but next time I need a working camera.

mrbrklyn

Quote from: chrisild on March 03, 2023, 11:07:26 AMWe will not expect you to post images then. :'(  Hope that, despite the theft of your camera, you are enjoying your trip!

Just a quick note, I got my cameras back from Amsterdam along with nearly all the stolen and lost luggage thanks to the Dutch police in Amsterdam.  I consider it a small miracle and proof of a divine supernatural entity :)

chrisild

Wow, that is great! And thanks for posting the update. :)

redlock

Quote from: mrbrklyn on June 03, 2023, 01:24:23 PMJust a quick note, I got my cameras back from Amsterdam along with nearly all the stolen and lost luggage thanks to the Dutch police in Amsterdam.  I consider it a small miracle and proof of a divine supernatural entity :)

That is a small miracle.   8)
Good for you.  :)

mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn

OK - so I seem to have returned from Europe after being hunkered down in the missle attack by Hamas while in Israel.  Flying in I had a layover in the Netherlands for 6 hours and squeezed in a trip to the Hals Museum and the Teyler with all my cameras.  I found it very hard to take pictures.  The overhead skylights drowned out the coins with a huge reflection on the glass.  It took several attempts to find a method to get any decent images and videos, and then IO found a method with some decent results.

mrbrklyn

You can see the problem with the Photographic conditions here... but I will overcome this