News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Akbar, AE dam, Agra, Duel epithet

Started by Saikat, July 25, 2022, 10:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saikat

This type of dam was issued for one year (985 AH) only.
Akbar,Dam, Duel epithet type 
Obv: Dar al zarb/Falus Agra/Dar al Khilafat
Rev: Nuhsad wa/ Hashat wa/ panj /AH 985 (Fi) Tarikh 
20.93 gm, 21.3 mm
For a interesting retrograde sample please see this http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,33774.0.html

Zeno ---
Numista ---

Thanks,
Saikat

Tirant

Very nice piece! I like that orange tone it has in some parts. About the legends, watching the second pic, reverse's last line (the one with the year) seems to be partially out of the flan. Knowing that it was issued only that year, it had to be easier to find it, i guess.

Figleaf

You are doing the coin great justice, Saikat. The combination of a beautiful 3D picture and the overlay is unbeatable.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

abhinumis

A slight correction Saikat. The mint epithet is Dar al Zarb khilafat Agra and there is no 'dar' in front of khilafat. It is seen in 985

The dar al Zarb dar al khilafat is seen only in 965AH and is a separate type.
Dr.Abhishek

Saikat

Quote from: abhinumis on July 26, 2022, 05:04:10 AMA slight correction Saikat. The mint epithet is Dar al Zarb khilafat Agra and there is no 'dar' in front of khilafat. It is seen in 985

The dar al Zarb dar al khilafat is seen only in 965AH and is a separate type.
Hi,
Thank you for the correction. I was looking at your monograph on Akbar copper coins from Agra. I noted that the duel epithet coins comes with a divider in reverse. I have a question though. You did not mentioned the "Dar al Zarb khilafat Agra" type. Was this type of coin discovered recently (after 2013)?
I will correct the description in this coin.
Thanks,
Saikat