News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Heimerle + Meule acquires The Commonwealth Mint

Started by eurocoin, June 06, 2022, 09:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eurocoin

German Company Acquires The Commonwealth Mint

The largest private mint in the United Kingdom, that being the Commonwealth Mint, has been recently acquired by the limited partnership Heimerle + Meule Group headquartered in Birmingham and owned by a company in Germany.

The Commonwealth Mint operates from its head office in Portishead and a modern minting facility based in Birmingham's historic Jewellery Quarter. It specializes in the minting of precious metal and base metal commemorative coins for collectors, together with the production of currency coins. The mint services customers across Europe, North America, Australasia, and Asia. According to company information, James Hughes and Jonathan Deane will continue as joint managing directors and shareholders of the business. The senior management team will also remain in place.

"We are delighted to welcome The Commonwealth Mint to the Heimerle + Meule Group. The investment is for us a perfect fit and allows us to further expand our value chain within the processing of precious metal, providing our customers a full set of products and services, from recycling of scrap material through to finished coins and medals. We are looking forward to the exciting growth opportunities The Commonwealth Mint brings to our organization", said Thomas Frey, CEO of the Heimerle + Meule Group.         

"We are proud of what Commonwealth Mint's team have achieved since our foundation in 2005. Joining Heimerle + Meule Group will strengthen our position as a leading international mint and it gives us access to a wide range of resources, expertise and investment that will benefit our business and customers. It was also essential that any future partner is the correct fit and has an ethical business approach which the Possehl group certainly does", said The Commonwealth Mint's managing director James Hughes.

The mint's other managing director, Jonathan Deane, added: "We are truly excited about the scope that the investment and partnership with Heimerle + Meule will afford us; from the growth opportunities in the precious metal coin sector to the research and development to further improve our products and service, which will help us to maintain our position as market leaders."

With its investment in The Commonwealth Mint Heimerle + Meule Group will strengthen its already strong foothold in the British precious metal market

<k>

Eurocoin told me that the Commonwealth Mint has supplied some collector coins for Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha. Which other countries and / or territories has it supplied?
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

MCz

Quote from: <k> on June 06, 2022, 09:32:00 PMWhich other countries and / or territories has it supplied?
Alderney (since 2017).

All three territories have the similar obverse, designed by Joel Iskowitz

<k>

Quote from: MCz on June 07, 2022, 05:43:01 PMAlderney (since 2017).

All three territories have the similar obverse, designed by Joel Iskowitz

Thank you. I see you are already quite an expert on our UK-related material.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

eurocoin

The Commonwealth Mint is a very closed mint that does not reply to questions. The article also mentions currency coins, although I have no idea which circulation coins would have been minted there.. It is known to have minted collectors coins for:

Fiji
Niue
Malta
Samoa
Somalia
Alderney
Gibraltar
Saint Helena
New Zealand
Ascension Island
Tristan Da Cunha
Papua New Guinea
East Caribbean States

The mint is currently the exclusive manufacturer of coins for at least Alderney and Tristan da Cunha.

MCz

Quote from: <k> on June 07, 2022, 06:47:18 PMThank you. I see you are already quite an expert on our UK-related material.
I try to be an expert in domain that interests me :)
And I collect coins with Elizabeth II on obverse, so UK and Commonwealth included.