Coin dealer retired?

Started by Figleaf, February 04, 2022, 02:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

There are not too many dealers offering genuine central Asian coins at reasonable prices and with a payment option for other currencies than USD (I find PayPal's fees highly objectionable), so Alex Fishman and his CoinMall was dear to me. Now, the site is closed and it looks like it is sold, as they want my email addy when Alex already had it. Does anyone know more? What are the alternatives?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

chrisild

About seven years ago, there was a discussion over at CoinTalk, about Fishman and his site/s. That topic has links to his literature website but also to two eBay stores, one or both of which might be his ...

Figleaf

That once was. Sometime between last September and now, CoinMall seems to have been taken over by some disgusting crypto-coin floggers. Alex seems to have disappeared from MA-coins also. A painful loss.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

SC

The Ancient Coins Canada site appears gone too. 

His books on Chinese coinage are not too old.  Odd that they aren't listed.

SC

Manzikert

I have www.ancientcoins.ca on my list of Ebay saved sellers, and it still comes up, though only with 16 items (including 3 of the Chinese coin books) but it doesn't seem to have changed much recently.

Alan

Figleaf

I seem to be unlucky in my selection of dealers. Now it is Peter Reekers who has stopped responding. Is he gone with the wind or has he moved to other climes?

peter

THCoins

Don't know about Peter Reekers, but https://www.numismall.com seems to be functioning again.

Figleaf

Great news (at least for me). I'll be busy over there. Thank you!

Peter