News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Azerbaijan breaks its tradition

Started by Pabitra, December 09, 2021, 02:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pabitra

In January 2006, Azerbaijan issued a new set of coins.
These coins have denomination on either side but year of minting was conspicous by its absence.
Now, a new 20 Qepik coin has been issued, which breaks the tradition of " missing year".
A coat of Arms has been added on obverse but tradition of denomination on either side maintained.

See

https://www.azerbaycan24.com/en/central-bank-of-azerbaijan-puts-into-circulation-new-20-qepik-coin/

Old and new designs for comparison.

eurocoin

Updated 10 and 50 Qepik coins have now also been announced.

Azerbaijan 10 and 50 qepik 2021.jpg

<k>

Azerbaijan-.jpg

My sugggestion.

On the new 20 qapik coin, the year has simply been squeezed into the existing design.

The year is too close to the existing textual components of the design, namely the denomination.

The font showing the denomination is too large, while the year is too small.

Here is my solution. However, it is still not perfect.

Really, the year and the denomination need to be placed even further apart.

This would require a more considered redesign of the textual elements of the obverse.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

<k>

Azerbaijan's national emblem, which now appears at the top of the obverse design.

It is an emblem and not a coat of arms.

What about the map? Azerbaijan illegally took some territory from Armenia recently.

<k>

Azerbaijan-.jpg

My suggestion.

I have had second thoughts.

The denomination should be removed from the obverse and the map and the year enlarged.

We do not need to see the denomination on both sides.

quaziright

Quote from: <k> on September 04, 2022, 01:14:10 PM

Azerbaijan's national emblem, which now appears at the top of the obverse design.

It is an emblem and not a coat of arms.

What about the map? Azerbaijan illegally took some territory from Armenia recently.

If I'm not mistaken, that land was legally allocated to Azerbaijan post soviet collapse but was mainly populated by Armenians and illegally/de facto controlled by Armenia. The Azeris finally wrested control of it through military action

Pabitra