News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

F.HARRISON Token

Started by bhx7, July 25, 2021, 12:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhx7

Hi All

Looking to see if anyone has any information about this token.
It is 27.1mm and 5.3g Brass with signs of old gilding - Obv has F.HARRISON arched throufg centre; Rev is free of legend but has a rope and line outer circles and a more central rope circle.

Thanks

malj1

This seems familiar but I don't have it. possibly it was for a forerunner of this Harrisons

See Hayes 185. Harrisons rev. Eurocoin London with two slots, a similar brass token of much the same size.

I have only a later Harrisons above a large H with Dawlish below, rev blank brass 30mm Hayes 185.M1

They can be found here
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

bhx7

Thanks Mal

I have the one Harrison Dawlish one you pictured. It may well be a forerunner to that one.
I will keep digging though to see if I can unearth anything more.

Cheers
Brian

malj1

It is rather a long shot but a possibility it stated small. ??? Yes if you could search there it would help.

Google is very unhelpful nowadays as they use my location as a starting base which is most unhelpful, many Australian locations appear first.

They plan to set up a Google office here and I believe this will make things even worse.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

bhx7

Agreed, I have found sometimes Google is great, other times it is an absolute waste of time.
I am enjoying the research side and its always fun when you unearth something. Although similar to 185, definitely has different aspects. especiallly due to the "F" for first name.
If I find anything at this side I will definitely let you know.

Again, Thank for sharing your knowledge, etc.

Brian

Figleaf

Quote from: bhx7 on July 26, 2021, 04:04:19 AM
definitely has different aspects. especiallly due to the "F" for first name.

Consider also that your token says Harrison, not Harrisons.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

bhx7

Quote from: Figleaf on July 26, 2021, 10:18:23 AM
Consider also that your token says Harrison, not Harrisons.

Peter

Agreed. Thanks for the extra input Peter.

Brian