Author Topic: Gibraltar to depict living persons on collectors coins  (Read 798 times)

Offline MCz

Re: Gibraltar to depict living persons on collectors coins
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2021, 09:34:34 AM »
Do you know if the base metal coin is a bimetallic coin or it's just gold/yellow plated on the outer ring?

Online eurocoin

• Technical posts member
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2021, 06:06:31 PM »
I do not know.

Offline MCz

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2021, 09:11:23 AM »
I cannot guarantee that the coins will in the future not become available cheaper elsewhere.

Indeed, coins (only uncoloured version) are avaliable for 5 GBP at Gibraltar National Mint Website. Limit is 2 pieces per user.
Also avaliable 2Ł Christmas coins (limit 4) or 4 GBP each and 50p Christmas (limit 4) for 1Ł each so you can buy all 3 to save on shipping costs (for me it was little above 7 pounds for shipping).

Regardng the metal - this is standard bimetallic like all other 2 pounds coins. Confirmed with GNM.

Offline gordarpi

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2021, 01:29:16 AM »
I didn't manage to grab the Xmas 50p, nor the 2£ (back in November the quota was 2pcs/persons), but it seems the coloured Rumble on the Rock 2£ coin will be available on the GiB Mint site soo - atm out of stock - if somebody is interested in it.

OT: finally the Covid 50p seems to be on offer too, I wonder whether they will show up in circulation :)