Need help finding the origin of these coins I have

Started by riasatbd, March 22, 2021, 05:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riasatbd

Hello,

I need help finding the origin, era, year etc on these coins I have. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ahmed

THCoins

Hi riasatbd, and welcome to WoC !

When asking for help in attribution it is important to add metric data, so diameter and weight of the coin when possible. Makes identification a lot easier for our members usually. Also better to post one coin per thread.

Your second coin is a Jital issued under Khwarezmshah 'Ala al-Din Muhammad (1200-1220 AD). Mint not indicated, possibly from Herat.
The picture with the text in Arabic script of this one is upside down.

I will move your post shortly to the "unidentified" board, there it may attract more attention from members.

Anthony

andyg

1st coin is a half Anna from Jodhpur, early 20th cent.
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

riasatbd

aws22

Dear riasatbd, your first coin in details:
Princely States of Jodhpur, Sardar Singh , AD 1906, Copper 1/4 Anna, with the name of  King Edward VII, Jodhpur mint (VS 1952-1968/1895-1911 AD)
Obverse (First photo): Legend in Persian, all within dotted circle:
امپرر انگلستان و هندوستان بازمان مبارک ايدورد هفتم
Emperor Inglistan wa Hindustan, bazman mubarak, Edward Haftam (in the name of King Edward VII).
Daroga mark: In Devnagari 'Ma' for lettering:
Reverse (Second photo): Legend in Persian, from bottom it reads:
ضرب جوده پور مہاراجہ سردار سنگہ  سرى \ پاو آنہ \ سنه ۱۹۰۶
, Zarb Jodhpur, Maharaja Sir Sardar Singh , (Quarter / Pau)(1/4 Anna) , Sanah 1906.
Maharaja Sir Sardar Singh Bahadur, was the Maharaja of Jodhpur State from 11 October 1895 till his death on 20 March 1911.

Maythem
Coin collecting has a curious name. It is also called the "Hobby of Kings".

riasatbd

Figleaf

Please open a separate thread for one of these coins, so we can split them. They should be placed on different boards.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.