Author Topic: Comments On List of Indian Commemorative Coins  (Read 32441 times)

Offline dheer

• Honorary Member
  • Indian Coins & Currencies
    • Coins of Republic India
Re: Comments On List of Indian Commemorative Coins
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
Sanjayji's list does'nt detail out the Mint Varieties ...

Quite a few novice collectors would prefer collecting something that's available in circulation ... and they would need a list that gives out whats in circulation ...   

http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Offline The Oracle

• Honorary Member
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2012, 01:11:25 PM »

Quite a few novice collectors would prefer collecting something that's available in circulation ... and they would need a list that gives out whats in circulation ...

now who would decide whether a collector is novice or advanced?  the entire problem of indian numismatics is that we choose to be selective and think we know whats best for others no other country tries to do that.  none of the so called coins in circulation are in circulation they all have to be bought at dealers baring a few latest issues.  no list can have all the varieties -that is a catalog and not a list.  you are saying mint varieties someone else will come in and say lion varieties, mint marks, mules and so on.  If you dont lock the scope and the objective the project fails more often than not.     If you are looking to recreate a catalog there is an easier way out talk to someone who already has a catalog and get permission to have their catalog here in pdf format and ask peter to sweeten the deal for them somehow. 

Offline kansal888

• Honorary Member
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2012, 04:58:32 PM »

I agree with Dheer. My emphasis is on UNC/Proof/mint sets. My list gives the mint from which the coins were originally issued. 

MS's list gives full details of mints. I feel that the purpose of both the lists are different. Both can co-exist.

It will be good if  someone can introduce colour coding for the mints listed in MS's list. Green colour for normal circulation coins.  Red colour for rare coins. Yellow colour for doubtful coins (for which doubt exists if that coin was issued only in mint sets or for general circulation).

Offline kansal888

• Honorary Member
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2013, 01:19:41 PM »
My opinion:

As of 17:48 hrs 15 Jan13, Mata Vaishno Devi has not be released. Sometimes issues do get cancelled at last moment. It will be better to wait for official release before inclusion in our list.

Instead of assigning all four mints to each coin; its better to see which mint actually mints these coins. There could be a surprises in store for paise  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline $$

• Meritorious Member
Re: List of Indian Circulating Commemorative Coins
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2013, 04:45:59 AM »
Dear Kansalji,

Good morning.

Just to confirm is the 1955  Rupia-Anna Series  Mumbai  was not there or is missing in your list.

Samir
S
  S
     S

Offline The Oracle

• Honorary Member
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2013, 09:31:18 AM »
as of 18:09, I'm leaving it as is till sanjay gives us more info  :P It looks like he's pushing his friends at the hyderabad/ noida mint just to spite me  ;D

what kind of friend jumps at the snap of fingers? one little whirl of the mustache and the entire noida mint will report to him at midnight.   ;D

kansal ji,

what happened to CAG noida mint.  At least tell us if it was minted or not

Offline NUMISPHIL

« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2014, 12:32:48 PM »
Kansalji,

Might be time for you to share an updated Circulating Commemorative list with inputs on the few rare exceptions that many may not know.  :) :) ;D

Best,
Ramesh

Offline betterphilately.com

• Coins & Stamps!
    • Better Philately
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2020, 04:46:48 PM »
Should portions of this be moved to the New India commemorative coins thread as well?

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Re: List of Indian Circulating Commemorative Coins
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »
It's for the moderator, dheer, to decide. Just remember that "new issue" is relative. All babies get to be older in time.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline dheer

• Honorary Member
  • Indian Coins & Currencies
    • Coins of Republic India
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2020, 05:34:07 PM »
I think it makes sense for list to stay at one place. Maybe I will index it to other board.

Let's see the views of other members.
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Offline betterphilately.com

• Coins & Stamps!
    • Better Philately
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2021, 04:26:07 AM »
Looking for some help to find original coin booking information for two coins:

1. Jagath Guru Sree Narayana Gurudev 2006 coin
2. Indian Air Force platinum jubilee 2007 coin

Would anyone be able to share the coin booking advertisement? I am interested to find the coin booking start date and cost for the UNC set.

Offline Abhay

• Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2021, 10:26:35 AM »
Looking for some help to find original coin booking information for two coins:

1. Jagath Guru Sree Narayana Gurudev 2006 coin
2. Indian Air Force platinum jubilee 2007 coin

Would anyone be able to share the coin booking advertisement? I am interested to find the coin booking start date and cost for the UNC set.

For Jagat Guru, booking period was 1/4/2007 to 30/09/2007. For Proof coins, booking amount was Rs. 1235 per set, while for UNC, it was Rs. 720 per set. Packing Forwarding Rs. 160 extra.

For Air Force, booking period was 1/11/2008 to 28/2/2009. For Proof coins, booking amount was Rs. 1378 per set, while for UNC, it was Rs. 1089 per set. Packing Forwarding Rs. 150 extra for first set and Rs. 80 for subsequent sets. Also Vat @ 12.5 Extra on basic price.

Abhay

PS: Please share your mail, so as to send you images of the Booking Forms, in case you need them.

INVESTING IN YESTERDAY