News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Latvia 2020: Linden Leaf

Started by Bimat, October 29, 2020, 03:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

On November 3, Bank of Latvia will issue a new €5 collector coin commemorating "Linden Leaf" dedicated to ecology, emphasizing the importance of taking good care of our environment. The coin can be bought from Bank of Latvia's e-shop only @ €53 per coin. The graphic design of the collector coin was created by artist Mārcis Kalniņš.

5000 coins will be issued, struck by Koninklijke Nederlandse Munt (the Netherlands).

More information here.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

chrisild

A tad pricy, but I like the idea and design. What is a little strange in my opinion is how you can pick it up (if you do not want to get it shipped by mail): Because of the pandemic, the pieces "will not be available at the Cashier's Office of Latvijas Banka."

However, if you purchased one online, you can pick it up "at the Cashier's Office of Latvijas Banka." Hmm.  ::)

Christian

Figleaf

I was in that office twice, so my evidence is anecdotal. On both occasions, I was the only visitor. The office is quite spacious. In other words, if my experience is anywhere close to reality, they should be all right with floor markings for social distancing, a bottle of disinfectant and a guard maintaining the rules, like just about any big shop in France.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.