News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Kuang-hsu Boo-ciowan with T'ien or Kung?

Started by carpatic, September 06, 2020, 07:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carpatic

Hi. I am new to identifying cash coins and I have difficulties with this one. I do not have the Hartill or Schjoth books but I have Krause. I've came so far as to identify the attached one as Kuang-hsu, Boo-ciowan, but the character above on the reverse puzzles me because I think is a T'ien or maybe it could be a Kung, variants which are not listed by Krause. It is 2.43g, 19mm
I would appreciate your help and especially if you could point me to what the Krause number would be. Thank you

Figleaf

Your transliteration seems correct to me. I think the mystery character is T'ien. I have not found this piece in Hartill, but I did find several similar coins with a different top character. The obverse characters seem a bit wobbly and the central hole is miserable, but on the whole, the coin looks genuine to me.

For a more expert look, I would recommend a PM to bgriff99.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

bgriff99

Hmmm... I posted a reply here a couple hours after it went up.   Gone now.   The piece is a souvenir or flea market imitation.   The reverse character is 'tian'.