News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Slovenia 2018 10c

Started by Angus, September 02, 2020, 02:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus

Hi all

I just noticed that the Slovenia 2018 10c coin was minted in Slovakia for general distribution but in Italy for coin sets.  Does anyone know if there are any differences or marks on the coins to indicate this?

Thanks

eurocoin

Interesting, I did not know this. Neither the coins in sets nor the ones for general circulation depict mintmarks. There are also no other intentional differences between them.

Angus

Thanks, I wonder if there are any other examples of two mints producing identical euro coins.

eurocoin

Quote from: Angus on September 02, 2020, 02:54:55 PM
Thanks, I wonder if there are any other examples of two mints producing identical euro coins.

Dutch 2 euro coins dated 2000 and 2001 were minted at both Royal Dutch Mint and the Birmingham Mint. These coins were identical. I can not now think of any other cases but it is interesting indeed.

chrisild

Such things do happen now and then. Ireland for example had the 1 ct coin (dated 2002) minted in Dublin/Sandyford but also by the Royal Mint (UK). Also, Irish coins made for sets, minted elsewhere (FI, FR, NL etc.) in various years, may occasionally end up in circulation as well. They do not have any specific marks either.

Christian