Author Topic: Sultan of Dehli, Ala al din Muhammad, AR Rupee, Qila Deogir mint, G&G# D227  (Read 443 times)

Offline soumen

Sultan of Dehli
Khalji
Ala al din Muhammad
AR Rupee
Qila Deogir mint
Dia.:28.66 mm
Weight: 10.90 gm
G&G# D227

Regards
Soumen
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 08:35:21 AM by Saikat »
Soumen

Offline soumen

mint overlay
Soumen

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
Very nice strike with the important parts well-placed on flan. Attribution can be even more specific for the edge text continues from six 'o-clock with "Sanah" and then the year in numbers which can only fit with AH715.
Previously on Zeno, Ansari showed a very similar specimen. There were some doubts whether this was a contemporary counterfeit. Does your specimen seem to be in good silver ?

Offline soumen

Very nice strike with the important parts well-placed on flan. Attribution can be even more specific for the edge text continues from six 'o-clock with "Sanah" and then the year in numbers which can only fit with AH715.
Previously on Zeno, Ansari showed a very similar specimen. There were some doubts whether this was a contemporary counterfeit. Does your specimen seem to be in good silver ?

Thanks a lot Anthony. I have just started to learn the basics of overlay. So will learn overlay slowly and one day surely overlay the whole coin.

I am aware of Ansaris' post in Zeno. I have compared the ping with two another Ala al dins' coin with almost same dia. but different mint. They sound almost same. Also I have tried to write with the edge on white paper but it leaving no marks. Is there any other process to confirm the purity.

Regards
Soumen
Soumen

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
A jeweler may confirm silver content, but if these basic indicators are okay i would not be worried much. As the style of the coin looks fine !

Offline Tariq

As stated by Anthony Date is 715AH, by all means, the coin looks to be perfect.