News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Luxembourg 2018 proof set

Started by Angus, October 21, 2019, 09:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus

eurocoin

Well spotted, Angus. This is very amateurist. Someone at the mint needs to be fired.

Bimat

Very interesting indeed. Is that the case with few sets only, or all the sets have such quality coins? In general, my opinion about Luxembourg euro coins is very positive as far as the quality goes (but not the design :D)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

eurocoin

Quote from: Bimat on October 21, 2019, 01:17:46 PM
Very interesting indeed. Is that the case with few sets only, or all the sets have such quality coins? In general, my opinion about Luxembourg euro coins is very positive as far as the quality goes (but not the design :D)

Aditya

It is not the quality that is the problem here. Look at the marks on the coins. Only on the 20 euro cent coin the mintmastermark is to the right of the date and the lion mark to the left of the date. On all other coins it is the other way around.

chrisild

Somewhat odd indeed. But at least both marks are there, you don't have any spelling errors ... a venial sin, I'd say. ;)

Christian

Angus

(From an unscientific look at eBay sales) I would guess that all the 20c coins have the symbols the wrong way round, but maybe there are some with them the right way round?  Probably not, there are only 1000 of them in the first place, after all.

By the way I didn't spot this myself, someone pointed it out to me.

Angus

The 2019 set has the same - the 20c has the symbols the other way round from the other coins.

eurocoin

Quote from: Angus on January 29, 2020, 11:10:56 PM
The 2019 set has the same - the 20c has the symbols the other way round from the other coins.

Horrible.