ONS meeting in Leiden, 2019?

Started by Pellinore, August 21, 2019, 10:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellinore

I tried to find out if there is a meeting of the ONS in Leiden, this year, but I seem to have missed the announcement. The ONS website has not been updated since 2017 (and there was a meeting in 2018 alright). I'd like to put it in my agenda, can you help me?
I happen to have a picture of Jan Lingen pointing, that was made during the 2017 meeting. I hope he will be pointing again in October, 2019.

-- Paul

altaycoins

It will be on 19th of October, 2019 in Leiden. I also did not receive official announcement but already confirmed my talk. And also the auction catalog uploaded to zeno.

Zeno - Oriental Coins Database - Oct. 19, 2019. Leiden

But this time Patrick Pasmans might be pointing as he is the new secretary of the European region :)

Figleaf

I'll be there and part of the programme and hoping to meet many WoC members.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

THCoins

Just got the ONS journal with the formal invitation to the Leiden meeting yesterday.
Unfortunately i won't be able to make it there this year.
Wishing you all a good day, and Yigit and Peter, good luck with your presentations !

Figleaf

Will miss you. Is anyone else planning to came? Henk?

BTW, the Chinese coin in the picture is upside down!

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Pellinore

Quote from: Figleaf on August 22, 2019, 10:07:24 AM
Will miss you. Is anyone else planning to came? Henk?

BTW, the Chinese coin in the picture is upside down!

Peter

Yes, I'm planning to come. As for the Chinese coin: Are you sure?

-- Paul

Figleaf

With all respect for ONS, yes. Here is part of a page from A Monetary History of China by Peng Xin Wei, Plate XXXVIII, number 10: Northern Qi's Changping Five-grainer.

Peter

Oesho

Reading the discussion above, most of you are by now well informed, but to make the program complete hereby a reminder of the program:
The annual meeting of the Oriental Numismatic Society in the Netherlands, will be held on Saturday 19 October 2019 at the premises of the Leiden University, Gebouw Huizinga, Doelensteeg 16 at Leiden. Members of continental Europe have been separately informed with the latest Journal #235.
For all others and for those who didn't receive the program of the meeting, it can be found at the Facebook page Oriental Numismatic Society – European Region  https://www.facebook.com/groups/372701210219048/?multi_permalinks=512237932932041&notif_id=1570192459204491&notif_t=group_activity and on the ONS-website ONSNUMIS.ORG - the annual 2019 ONS-meeting in the Netherlands Some of the topics of the meeting will be on the Coinage of the Ilkhans (Mongols of Persia) by Yiğit Altay; Other presentations will be by Ehsan Shavarebi, Ancient coin finds from the Swat Valley in Pakistan; Kris Van den Cruyce: The large tin and lead coins of Tenasserim – Burma; Fabrice Lefèvre: A special medal awarded to General Starring at an International Congress of Orientalists (Paris, 1873) and Peter Kraneveld: Asian telephone tokens.
As usual there will also be room for questions, news items, etc. Members are invited to come forward with it. Traditionally, at the end of the meeting a small auction of Oriental coins and related books will be held. The proceeds of this auction is a welcome addition to the ONS-funds. For the auction list see: http://onsnumis.org/auctions/auct2019.pdf  All the lots of this auction has been uploaded at the ZENO.RU Oriental Coins Database. Zeno - Oriental Coins Database - Oct. 19, 2019. Leiden Absentee bids for this auction are welcome and need to be sent, either by post or e-mail to the Regional Secretary Europe. For address see: Oriental Numismatic Society - Latest Europe Meeting:  ?Participants of the or e-mail: patrick.pasmans@hotmail.com cc. lingen@wxs.nl
People who want to attend the meeting are requested to inform the Regional Secretary Europe, patrick.pasmans@hotmail.com  cc. lingen@wxs.nl at the latest before the 16th of October 2019.

Figleaf

I am happy to see that at least three of the five speakers are members of this forum. WoC and ONS are complementing each other quite well, to the benefit of both.

Peter