News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Coins in Bratislava

Started by mrbadexample, August 13, 2019, 01:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbadexample

Afternoon all,

We are off to Bratislava on Thursday. Does anyone know if there might be somewhere I could find a few bits to rummage through? Preferably next to a nice park to keep my girlfriend occupied for an hour.  ;)

Thanks,
MBE

mrbadexample

Ok, seems like nothing but I will report back with whatever I find. I'm nosy, I'll find something. ;)

quaziright

There's a link to shops on Numista

Local Coin Shops: The People's List (Going on a trip? Want to visit some local

Worth checking their calendar and Outings section to see if there is any weekly coin market or fair going on there

mrbadexample

A convenient sign led me to my goal:

Nice chap, bought a few relatively inexpensive bits from the time period I was looking for.  :)

mrbadexample

Also passed this place, but had spent my little budget and didn't have time to go in.

mrbadexample

From the first shop:

Figleaf

Good catch. Nice condition all. Did you find any coins in a museum there?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

mrbadexample

There were a couple in the various displays at Devin Castle but for the life of me I can't remember what they were, and I couldn't get photos of them.  :-\

quaziright

Quote from: mrbadexample on August 26, 2019, 04:08:15 PM
Also passed this place, but had spent my little budget and didn't have time to go in.

Ah It looks like you found one of the shops, I'll check on numista and request to add the other one as it doesn't seem to be there