New Definitive Issue: 2019: New series of circulation coins

Started by Pabitra, June 15, 2018, 07:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kansal888

Quote from: kansal888 on March 14, 2019, 08:01:12 AM

Thus mints will take some time to procure coils of new metals. Before that, they will like to exhaust the existing stock of coils.

Therefore, we may not soon see the 10Rs and 20Rs coins of new coinage series very soon.

There is no change in metal composition of Re 1, Rs 2 and Rs 5 coins. So these denominations may be available soon.

It seems that this article in Indian press which eurocoin referred confirms my analysis  ;D

New Rs 20, other coins to come into circulation by May

Pabitra

Quote from: Navaneeth on March 10, 2019, 05:47:27 PM
I have got the 2 Rs 2019 one. But I think there will be 1 Re and 5 Rs too. The 10 Rs 2018 came lately due to shortage in supply of raw materials and am doubtful of 2019 ones as new series will be coming up now.

2019 5 Rs has also been issued.

Pabitra

Einstein

Quote from: eurocoin on April 12, 2019, 03:47:42 PM
According to an Indian press article:

The new series of Rs 2 and Rs 5 will be the first to be launched by April 30. It will be followed by Re 1 coins which will come in circulation by May 15. The coins of Rs 10 and Rs 20 will be rolled out by May 31.

Any news about the circulation of these coins????
Regards-
Shekhar.

eurocoin

Quote from: Einstein on May 21, 2019, 07:58:06 AM
Any news about the circulation of these coins????

No. So far everything has been delayed so I am not surprised.

Bimat

The new series of circulation coins was (once again?) announced in the budget yesterday. New coins will be made available to public "shortly" if the finance minister is to be believed. ;D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Pabitra

They were due in April and May

See

New Rs 20, other coins to come into circulation by May

However, mints are busy minting errors on demand

Surely, the mint knows which of its activities are more profitable 😆😆😆

Pabitra

Pabitra

Times of India dated 23rd August 2019
( lest the link in preceding reply goes dead)

Figleaf

I have often heard praise for India's judiciary and this is in line with what I have heard (granted, from a long distance). The case is uncomplicated. The blind want to be heard (as in: somebody actually listening to them) when banknotes (or coins, I suppose) are changed. The court thinks, mmm, maybe there was an emergency or another solid reason why RBI had to make the change quickly. They ask RBI why they changed. RBI wants to come up with an 800 page report, hoping to drown the question. The court is peed off. Rightly so.

I suppose RBI just forgot to consult the associations of the blind, but it can't admit to making any mistake. If a mistake was made, someone is responsible and top civil servants are paid more because they bear the responsibility. Therefore, top civil servants have a vested interest not to follow the appropriate course, simply saying: "We made a mistake. You should have been consulted. We forgot. Sorry! We won't forget next time."

The cure: give top civil servants points for finding solutions and solving problems instead of deducting points for errors (except gross negligence, of course.)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Pabitra

Response filed

Size of currency notes reduced to make them pocket-friendly: RBI to Bombay high

Hopefully, it will now enable issue of new series coins, already minted but being withheld.

Einstein

Are these coins are out for circulation now????
Regards-
Shekhar.

eurocoin