Author Topic: Shah Alam Bahadur. Rupee. Mint: Ahmedabad. AH 1119 RY Ahd  (Read 307 times)

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Shah Alam Bahadur. Rupee. Mint: Ahmedabad. AH 1119 RY Ahd
« on: September 10, 2017, 05:00:42 AM »
I was looking for a coin of Shah Alam I Bahadur from Ahmedabad mint to compare this coin but was surprised not to have found even one on WoC though I did find a few Dams......

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Shah Alam Bahadur. Rupee. Mint: Ahmedabad. AH 1119 RY Ahd
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 03:52:27 PM »
At least now we have one. I presume you have the best collection of Ahmedabad coins of WoC members. Why not use this thread to show us some?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 04:38:14 AM »
I was looking for a coin of Shah Alam I Bahadur from Ahmedabad mint to compare this coin but was surprised not to have found even one on WoC though I did find a few Dams......

Amit

Even Fbk group doesn't have any of such rupee for comparison however zeno has only 4 coins .

Thus you're having another scarce coin .I see you're selection and choice of new entrants in your collection is quite wise considering many rarities added one after another.
Congrats.

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 06:24:40 PM »
At least now we have one. I presume you have the best collection of Ahmedabad coins of WoC members. Why not use this thread to show us some?

I have decided to concentrate on trying to make an indepth collection (I have realised the futility of 'complete' collection) of coins issued from the various mints situated in Gujarat area. Hence, I have been fortunate in getting (by chance - not by design) a few rarities........ besides having some cash to pick up coins as they are offered.

I have been planning to photograph my coins (still have not got around to prepare a comprehensive list) but hope to do so soon.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 01:43:29 AM »

I have been planning to photograph my coins (still have not got around to prepare a comprehensive list) but hope to do so soon.

Amit

I guess it includes both Silver & copper for Gujarat region.
It would be impressive once you list and display all the coins of your current theme.
I'm sure like Abhay ji you will definitely have fantastic collection in future.
All the best.

Cheers  ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/