News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Using MS Picture Manager for WoC

Started by malj1, July 05, 2017, 12:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malj1

Quote from: <k> on July 04, 2017, 04:40:52 PM
Look at capnbirdseye and malj1 - older men, but they are very good at it, happy to teach, and happy to learn more. Our members are generally more intelligent than the average. Why wouldn't they want to learn?

In fact most of my images are edited and compressed rather than uploaded to a host. I have only 21 coin images on Photobucket from years ago!

I use Microsoft picture manager to compress or resize but Microsoft too are starting to change things they want you to abandon your old microsoft office and update to their new Microsoft Office 365 which entails a monthly fee. I as a pensioner cannot afford to do this.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

capnbirdseye

Quote from: malj1 on July 05, 2017, 12:07:59 AM

In fact most of my images are edited and compressed rather than uploaded to a host. I have only 21 coin images on Photobucket from years ago!

I use Microsoft picture manager to compress or resize but Microsoft too are starting to change things they want you to abandon your old microsoft office and update to their new Microsoft Office 365 which entails a monthly fee. I as a pensioner cannot afford to do this.

99.9% of my photo's are on WoC, when I first joined in 2011 for my first few months I used Tinypic hosting and all those photo's were gone within a couple of years so seeing that I began to upload direct to WoC using the totally free Photoscape to circle crop adjust and resize the image. Note that back then the image size allowance  was even less than we now have.
I work from a desktop PC but I can see some members use a phone for photo's which presumably restricts some of the abilities to manipulate the photo
Vic

malj1

Here is an image edited resized and posted directly from my Samsung GALAXY phone, its a bit fiddly but it can be done.
Malcolm

capnbirdseye

Quote from: malj1 on July 05, 2017, 11:49:32 AM
Here is an image edited resized and posted directly from my Samsung GALAXY phone, its a bit fiddly but it can be done.

Same image circle cropped on my PC  ;D ;D
Vic

malj1

I do have that Photoscape program since your recommendation some time ago but haven't used it much; or should I say enough to get used to the different methods.

I like using Microsoft publisher for making circular images etc.
Malcolm

capnbirdseye

Quote from: malj1 on July 05, 2017, 12:07:36 PM
I do have that Photoscape program since your recommendation some time ago but haven't used it much; or should I say enough to get used to the different methods.

I like using Microsoft publisher for making circular images etc.

Lots of members obviously prefer their coin posted with a background colour rather than cropped like me,  this also ups the kb size so in an attempt to get the highest resolution under the allowed size I suppose close cropping has to be prefered.

Vic

malj1

I too prefer the white background that is why I use the ms publisher to remove the background. A glance at any of my sites shows this.
Malcolm