News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Chile: New coin series from 2017

Started by Jostein, May 05, 2016, 01:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jostein

Some years ago, the The Central Bank of Chile, released for circulation a new banknote series. Now, they announced some days ago that they are working on a new coin series, with new designs, sizes, alloys and weights. They also announced that the coins of 1 and 5 pesos will be phased out. The new series will be composed of $10, 50, 100 and 500 coins.

News in Spanish: http://www.adnradio.cl/noticias/economia/chile-tendra-nuevas-monedas-el-2017/20160502/nota/3122282.aspx

Let's see it... ;)
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" - John F. Kennedy

http://www.bimetallic-coins.com

Pabitra

Good news.
Strangely, if they are redesigning new series, they can plan higher denomination like 1000 Peso too.

redlock

Is there any news about the new coins? They were supposed to enter circulation by the second half of 2017. We are already in the middle of that. But I haven't been able to find anything beyond the information which came out in May 2016. Considering the promotional and information campaign that they did for the new banknotes a few years ago one would assume they would do something similar for new coins.
Does anyone know what's going on?

eurocoin

Quote from: redlock on September 19, 2017, 08:00:48 PM
Is there any news about the new coins? They were supposed to enter circulation by the second half of 2017. We are already in the middle of that. But I haven't been able to find anything beyond the information which came out in May 2016. Considering the promotional and information campaign that they did for the new banknotes a few years ago one would assume they would do something similar for new coins.
Does anyone know what's going on?

I have sent an email to the Central Bank of Chile to ask. Welcome on the forum, Redlock!

redlock

Quote from: eurocoin on September 19, 2017, 09:02:41 PM
I have sent an email to the Central Bank of Chile to ask.
Very good idea. Hopefully, they will respond soon.
(Sometimes, I wish I had picked Spanish instead of French at High School).

Welcome on the forum, Redlock!

Thanks.
Happy to be here.  :)
chrisild brought me here -- without even knowing it  ;D

chrisild

True, I had no idea - but welcome! :) (Guess it was Enschedé that brought you here ...)

Tschüs,
Christian

redlock

I have sent an email to the Central Bank of Chile to ask.

Any response yet?

eurocoin

eurocoin

The Central Bank of Chile informed that they are still working on the issuance of the new coins.

redlock

Quote from: eurocoin on December 11, 2018, 04:02:33 PM
The Central Bank of Chile informed that they are still working on the issuance of the new coins.

Thanks for the update.