News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

New Commemorative Issue: 2016: 200th Birth Anniversary of Tatya Tope

Started by dheer, October 11, 2015, 01:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idiotghost

I got my set last month, but as I was traveling saw it recently only. The packing is horrendous & terrible to say the least! The flap inside which the Rs 200 & 10 coin came is already coming off & the glue not being stuck properly! In 2009 I had got the Rs 100+10 set of Homi Bhabha from Mumbai mint & it was nicely packed, that the silver has still not darkened! Even the strike of the coins is not intricate or that prominent of what you expect from a UNC set! It looks like a glorified circulated coin rather! There is tiny dirt particles all over the inside part of the plastic coin face!

dheer

The packaging is bad, one needs to be lucky to get good set
Glue coming off, coins moving is reported in almost all sets. In some cases even fingerprints are reported on coins.

Store the coins horizontally to minimise the chance of glue giving way
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

jnite

The best packaging was seen in the Vaishno Devi coins, now Mumbai mint is back to normal packaging but still much better then Kolkata mint.

Bimat

Quote from: dheer on May 06, 2018, 06:42:31 PM
Glue coming off, coins moving is reported in almost all sets. In some cases even fingerprints are reported on coins.

Has anyone lodged a complaint with the mint?

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

kishoretkm

Yes you are correct.
One of my coin friend bought almost 5proof sets but all were damaged n even corner of the coin pack also tore. Hope he will complain.
Though price is less when compared to mumbai mint but quality of packing and satisfaction is worst.

Quote from: dheer on May 06, 2018, 06:42:31 PM

Best Wishes,
Kishore

kishoretkm

Finally, bought it from Chennai dealer today and got the same Package condition and couldn't get even looked many sets.
Yes same Glue off and coins were not sticked into the package.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: kishoretkm on May 22, 2018, 06:59:32 PM
Yes you are correct.
One of my coin friend bought almost 5proof sets but all were damaged n even corner of the coin pack also tore. Hope he will complain.
Though price is less when compared to mumbai mint but quality of packing and satisfaction is worst.
Best Wishes,
Kishore

dheer

http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

idiotghost

So the 2400 price has now shot upto 3300! This rebooking thing doesnt give confidence to early backers, as one would wonder when will the mint again open up booking to make more money out of hapless collectors! Only saving grace is we got at a cheaper price earlier.

I hope this time they do something to the packaging nuisance! I'm wondering what to do for the Rs 500 coin booking that commenced today at Kolkata Mint!

Navaneeth

Quote from: idiotghost on December 09, 2018, 10:57:39 AM
So the 2400 price has now shot upto 3300! This rebooking thing doesnt give confidence to early backers, as one would wonder when will the mint again open up booking to make more money out of hapless collectors! Only saving grace is we got at a cheaper price earlier.

I hope this time they do something to the packaging nuisance! I'm wondering what to do for the Rs 500 coin booking that commenced today at Kolkata Mint!

That's Kolkata Mint. They think that the collectors are super rich. The coins at their counter sale is the prime example.

Rabi_R

Quote from: Navaneeth on December 09, 2018, 11:46:23 AM
That's Kolkata Mint. They think that the collectors are super rich.
That's perhaps a world perception and perhaps not scientifically incorrect. Once upon a time, Sapiens was hunter-gatherer. The ablest (richest) hunters used to collect animal skulls. The collector gene evolved that way.

Figleaf

Actually, the hunter-gatherer split into a hunter and a gatherer. The hunter became a warrior who drank from the skulls of his opponents, while the gatherer morphed into a sedentary philosopher who looked at skulls. Today, the warrior has ended up as a politician, drinking the blood of the opposition, while the monk became a collector, looking at dead objects :)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Navaneeth

Quote from: Figleaf on December 09, 2018, 06:22:51 PM
Actually, the hunter-gatherer split into a hunter and a gatherer. The hunter became a warrior who drank from the skulls of his opponents, while the gatherer morphed into a sedentary philosopher who looked at skulls. Today, the warrior has ended up as a politician, drinking the blood of the opposition, while the monk became a collector, looking at dead objects :)

Peter

Nice one!!