News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

New Commemorative Issue: 2016: University of Mysore Centenary

Started by Pabitra, July 15, 2015, 09:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dheer

Mumbai Mint has opened new bookings for Shree Jagannath Nabakaebara Yatra, Mysore University and National Archives. The bookings are open this time for a period of 3 months from 17-Nov-2018 to 16-Feb-2019. The Proof is at Rs 3975 and UNC at Rs 3135. The Nabakaebara coins are more expensive at Rs 4295 and 3540 as the silver content is 80%.
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Navaneeth

Anyone got the circulation coin of this one. I have the UNC set, but not seen circulation coin till now.

idiotghost

Quote from: Navaneeth on December 10, 2018, 07:07:25 AM
Anyone got the circulation coin of this one. I have the UNC set, but not seen circulation coin till now.

You got the UNC set so early & within 1 month of booking opening? Thats some record....

Navaneeth

Quote from: idiotghost on December 10, 2018, 07:30:03 AM
You got the UNC set so early & within 1 month of booking opening? Thats some record....

The circulation coin unc set (Hyderabad Mint)

Pabitra

Quote from: Navaneeth on December 10, 2018, 07:07:25 AM

The coin has not been released in to circulation so far.
On the release function, some coins were distributed which were as good as high grade unc coins and they were being sold as "first strike".
They were being offered by dealers in A coun show at Bengaluru.

idiotghost

Navaneeth

Quote from: Pabitra on December 10, 2018, 08:39:34 AM
The coin has not been released in to circulation so far.
On the release function, some coins were distributed which were as good as high grade unc coins and they were being sold as "first strike".
They were being offered by dealers in A coun show at Bengaluru.

I have checked many Bangalore stores, none of them has it.

Mackie

Warm Regards,
Mackie

dheer

Quote from: Mackie on January 18, 2019, 02:40:53 PM
is this coin out in circulation?

Not to my knowledge. Given the recent past of not striking circulation commemorative I doubt it would be struck in quantity
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Pabitra

OR perhaps they have been struck but lying deep under the piled up inventory of either the mints or currency chests. It is neither FIFO nor LIFO in any of the three places. Who has heard of modern inventory management?
As a desperate measure, the Ministry of Finance has stopped issuing circulating commemorative coins.
If there is pain in the leg, cut off the leg😜

The whole purpose of issuing commemorative coins is to commemorate major events, life of most important organisations, anniversary related to important historical figures and nations' other achievements so that people feel proud of their nation. That seems to have been given a good bye.

Mackie

Quote from: dheer on January 18, 2019, 06:01:34 PM
Not to my knowledge. Given the recent past of not striking circulation commemorative I doubt it would be struck in quantity

Guess in this case will have to leave some gaps in my collection. Dealers are quoting amount which is around 200 times the face value of the coin.
it is futile to wait for the coin to come into circulation now a days cause the more you wait, more the price of the coin increases in the black market. Very disappointing situation! :(
Warm Regards,
Mackie

Figleaf

Not an Indian monopoly. See my post here, second and third paragraph.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Pabitra

Quote from: Mackie on January 18, 2019, 07:33:09 PM
Guess in this case will have to leave some gaps in my collection. Dealers are quoting amount which is around 200 times the face value of the coin.
it is futile to wait for the coin to come into circulation now a days cause the more you wait, more the price of the coin increases in the black market. Very disappointing situation! :(

Not really
Wait and watch
For many collectors who collect mint wise, there are gaps which get filled up suddenly.
Among older commems, there are several collectors who miss Tata, Begum Akhtar etc
Similar story to Mysore University is recent Mahalanobis which is also first strike being quoted very high

Recently, there was sudden supply of Indo African Summit and Radhakrishnan but only from one mint.

Pabitra

Quote from: Navaneeth on December 10, 2018, 10:03:13 AM
I have checked many Bangalore stores, none of them has it.

I could see the coin being sold at Chennai coin show, in the video in the link given by Bimat.