Author Topic: Rarest Chau tanki of Akbar- Delhi mint  (Read 1738 times)

Offline abhinumis

• Honorary Member
Rarest Chau tanki of Akbar- Delhi mint
« on: June 28, 2015, 07:55:07 PM »
Hi,
Posting the rarest chau tanki ever known with only 2 other specimen known. 
chau tanki Akbar shahi on obverse and
zarb Dehli, ilahi 46 aban on reverse...
Extremely rare!!!
Dr.Abhishek

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
Re: Rarest Chau tanki of Akbar- Delhi mint
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »
Here one sees that knowledge is all important. Would i have been able to pick this one out of a pile of common coins ? No, probably not. Congratulations on this special find !

Offline abhinumis

• Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 12:34:33 PM »
Thanks THcoins.. Yes, knowledge does pay off! There are lots still remain to explore in coppers unlike silvers.. In case of this coin, it is interesting to know that the other 2 coins are pretty worn off too..The die, date and month of the 2 other specimen are similiar, therefore, this should be a very rare issue..  This chau tanki of Delhi mint was not known till 8-9 months back when it was found almost simultaneously at 3 places with one finding it's way to the auction. This is the 5th mint issuing the chau tanki denomination( ahmedabad, lahore, Kabul and agra are the other 4). The coin sold in the auction in this grade went to a whooping 30,000 rupees..
Dr.Abhishek

Offline abhinumis

• Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 07:12:42 PM »
Obverse- Green- Zarb, Red- 46, Prussian blue- Dehli, Navy blue- Aban, Yellow- Ilahi
Reverse- Cyan blue- Akbarshahi, Red- Chau Tanki
Dr.Abhishek

Offline PeaceBD

• Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 09:22:29 PM »
Congrats on the acquisition!

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 06:23:37 AM »
Your  collection is becoming  fantastic,  it is now weekly routine to display such rarities.

Cheers  ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline abhinumis

• Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 05:52:38 PM »
Your  collection is becoming  fantastic,  it is now weekly routine to display such rarities.

Cheers  ;D

Trying to get my hands on as many as I can!! They are burning a hole in my pocket..

Congrats on the acquisition!

Thanks Bhushan!!!
Dr.Abhishek

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 07:32:42 PM »
Thanks for the overlay. For one like me with limited reading abilities in Persian this makes it come even more to life !

Offline abhinumis

• Honorary Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 09:24:12 PM »
Thanks for the overlay. For one like me with limited reading abilities in Persian this makes it come even more to life !

You are always welcome THcoins.
Dr.Abhishek

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »
I want to add my thanks for showing your coins here. I share your appetite for coppers. No luxury horses, but work horses. The coins of the people. I am sure you meet them daily in your work. I can't read much Arabic, a lot less than TH, who is quite modest, but as a collector, I know how you feel when you bump into something like this. Good luck on your coin hunts, Abishek.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline abhinumis

• Honorary Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 07:57:10 AM »
Thanks a lot Peter sir. I have been a old timer in this forum and owe a part of my apetite for coppers owing to experts posting in this forum. Right from the times Rangnath, Oesho and Overlord posted their gems here,I have learnt a lot from them. Unfortunately I do not see them here now but I would continue to post whatever I can so that another 'Abhinumis' can be inspired to collect Mughal coppers. I also thank Bernard sir(Saro) and Amit Mehta ji (asm) for keep posting their coins.. A little discussion always benefits all party!
Dr.Abhishek