News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

NZ 2007 10c out?

Started by translateltd, April 19, 2009, 09:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

translateltd

I've heard via a contact in the Dunedin area that a 2007-dated 10c piece has been found in change.  Not sure yet if that means that the stockpiled strikings for that year are now being systematically issued, or if someone has just cracked open a mint set, so time to keep eyes peeled in NZ again to see if there are any more!

BC Numismatics

Martin,
  I haven't come across any dates for the new coins,apart from the 2008 20c. coin in change.Perhaps the 2008 $1 coin can also count,considering that it is both an old coin & a new coin type.

Aidan.

oldecurb

Sorry Martin, its not from a broken set.  I've found 3 or 4 in my change now.  I always pay for small value items with notes so I can get change!
Bruce

BC Numismatics

Where have they been found?

I haven't seen any 2007 coins of any denomination in change here in Wellington,nor did I see any in Auckland this past weekend.

Aidan.

translateltd

Quote from: oldecurb on May 01, 2009, 08:28:48 AM
Sorry Martin, its not from a broken set.  I've found 3 or 4 in my change now.  I always pay for small value items with notes so I can get change!

No accusation implied :-)  Coins do get broken out of sets, though, as I've found a few "collector set only" dates from bags of circulated coins before, and one person even contacted me about a Lord of the Rings 50c that she found in change!

If you've found several it sounds like they're definitely out, though possibly only in your part of the country for the time being, until we hear of any more.

Bimat

What is so special about this coin,Aidan?

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

BC Numismatics

Aditya,
  2007 would be the second date of the current series of New Zealand coins,as the old coins were withdrawn in late 2006,& replaced by new coins.The 10c. coin is a small copper-plated steel coin that is easy to miss when it has been dropped,especially at night or in a dark area.

The 2007 10c. coin hasn't been seen in circulation down here in Wellington.

Aidan.

BC Numismatics

Martin,
  I often find 10c. coins on the street here in Wellington.This morning was no different.When I got to church,I took a look at this black 10c. coin thinking it was a 2006 one.I was in for a surprise.It turned out to be a 2007 10c. coin.

That's the very first one I have seen so far.

Have you ever had one in your change yet?

Aidan.

BC Numismatics

You will all be very pleased to know that the 2007 10c. coin is now in circulation here in Wellington,as I actually got a nice nearly Unc. one in change today.

It will eventually be almost as common as the 2006 10c. coin.

Aidan.