Akbar damra of Balapur mint / month "mihr"

Started by saro, June 17, 2015, 04:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saro

5,05g
The mintname is widely off but can be identified with the ornament at 8 o'clock (left picture).
seems to be dated "sanah 50"
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

abhinumis

That is not ilahi 50 but 'he' of Mah and mehr after that. Making it mah Mehr...Nice coin BTW. I have 2 damras. Will post it soon
Dr.Abhishek

saro

Thank you very much Dear Abhinumis for the reading ! that was indeed very strange ... and now it's clear
(right picture was up-down !..I have corrected it)

Coinsforever

Quote from: saro on June 17, 2015, 04:46:46 PM
5,05g
The mintname is widely off but can be identified with the ornament at 8 o'clock (left picture).
seems to be dated "sanah 50"

Congrats dear saro ,

Your collection must be reaching to set another benchmark . which is quite difficult to match .

Cheers ;D
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

saro

Quote from: Coinsforever on June 20, 2015, 07:06:05 AMCongrats dear saro , Your collection must be reaching to set another benchmark . which is quite difficult to match .

Thank you dear Coinsforever : ...quite modest indeed...but started at a time when nobody (or so) paid interest to indian coppers.

abhinumis

Here is mine with mah amardad.. Note the 'he' of mah like yours Bernard sir
Dr.Abhishek

abhinumis

The other damra is here with the set.. month is bahman ilahi 47 on the damra
Dr.Abhishek

saro

Really a good set !
On your dam, please, could you confirm that it's well the word "mah"which  is placed just under the digits of the date and over the "i" of Ilahi ?(=> "Ilahi 47 / mah / farwardi")

abhinumis

What a surprise!! I had that coin all these years and have never observed this anamoly. Thanks a lot Bernard sir.. It is indeed Mah above the divider of ilahi just below the date! This is something really extraordinary!
Dr.Abhishek

abhinumis

Here is the position of 'mah'
Dr.Abhishek

Figleaf

Exemplary thread, making all parties wiser. Thank you, gentlemen.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.