Extraordinary valueless 10p

Started by tonyclayton, October 27, 2014, 05:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyclayton

Here is a most unusual item, a photo of which was sent to me by someone who had searched my website.  There is no sign of the denomination whatsoever!

THCoins

The photo is a bit small, but there is a hint of a different metal color or surface structure where the text should have been. So my first thought would be this is a post mint fabrication ? One would need better photos to determine this more precisely.

tonyclayton

THCoins

That of course would be the gold standard !

Afrasi

This coin is already shown at your website.  ;D

Afrasi

I never played with photo programs before, but it is really easy, even for a technical idiot like me.

Figleaf

Looks homemade to me. The days of separate punches for legends are over. I think you can do this with an acid that will solve the metal, some cotton wool and a matchstick.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Afrasi

Quote from: Figleaf on October 27, 2014, 11:20:50 PMI think you can do this with an acid that will solve the metal, some cotton wool and a matchstick ...

... or with a photo program. 8)

Look at these "two" coins from the Comoro Islands. I never have seen the year 1981 and I know nobody, who has seen it! The only "proof" is the photo in the KM. At the shown photos the 1981 is clearly a photo manipulation of 1982, as the coins and their photos are absolute identically, excluding the last digit of the date.