News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Contributing to World of Tokens

Started by andyg, October 19, 2014, 04:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

Have you looked at World of Tokens recently? If not, take a look now. We keep adding pictures and histories. A recent example is Walthamstow, where we added some pretty brilliant pictures donated by plasticman. :applause: Remember that WoT is based on Wiki software. You can add information too!

But that's not all. We have had to change the front page, because there are now three projects running. One new project is on Generic or Stock tokens. While it clearly still has a long way to go, there are some great fun pictures there. Don't miss them. The other is a promising project on UK phone tokens. Keep an eye on it, as that project was started by our very own token guru malj1.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

The UK Telephone Token section is now completed.  8)

If anyone has any images to add or any further information - such as unlisted tokens - then we would like to know about these!

Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

malj1

A link to our UK Telephone Tokens page has now been added on this site History of the Atlantic Cable & Undersea Communications from the first submarine cable of 1850 to the worldwide fiber optic network.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Figleaf

Many countries have issued phone tokens. This is your chance to display your knowledge and collection in a coherent way. Great page, malj1.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Figleaf

Phone tokens are now a pillar of WoT. We are not complete yet, we have material, we'll provide help, all we need is volunteers. Don't sit around, bored, hoping the virus will go away. Learn a new skill and create your own numismatic monument on WoT.

For inspiration: users will have noticed that we were struggling with Google maps. To cut a long story short, Google wanted to have money from big map users. We would still qualify for the free service, but it had become a bother and unreliable. We have now changed services. THANK YOU, IZOTZ! The maps are restored. I like the colours of the new service. They remind me of the old British maps I used touring around the country by bicycle half a century ago.

Peter

Alex Island

My theme is small islands. Sometimes there are tokens. I read the topic and remembered that I had met something for the catalog. For example, I have not seen this token in the directory. It is necessary? If necessary, I can send a photo in the best quality:

Walney Island - Wikipedia
All islands around the world & islands coin