Alamgir II: Rupee, Lahore, AH 116x, KM 460

Started by mitresh, June 21, 2014, 08:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitresh

Alamgir II, Rupee, Dar al-Sultanat Lahore, 11.07g, 20mm, AH 116x, KM 460

I don't know whether the last digit should be '8' which would then make this coin an issue of AH 1168 ie RY Ahd/RY 1, is there a clue visible on the coin?
In the quest for Excellence, there's no finish line.

asm

With the coin in Hand, check the area between the verticle stroke of the 6 of the date and the divider below it. There appears a small mark. If it is a part of the date, one can be sure it is a part of the 8 since the 7 would be written as V and will not have any part at that point.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

mitresh

Thanks Amit. If it is indeed AH 1168, then should not 'Ahd' be visible somewhere on the coin?

asm

Quote from: mitresh on June 21, 2014, 12:30:17 PM
Thanks Amit. If it is indeed AH 1168, then should not 'Ahd' be visible somewhere on the coin?
Great. So you found the 8 but did not spot the Ahd at 9 Oclock on the left image. Could not get any bigger than that........................ ??? ::) :P Well reminds me of my own self a couple of years ago.

Left Image from bottom to top:
Lowest part: Julus Manus / Maimanat (as divider) Sanah (the squiggly line) Ahd / Zar / Be as difvider / Dar al-Sultanat Lahore

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

mitresh

Gr8 stuff! Thanks for confirming the "Ahd" part. Unfortunately, I'm still a novice and cannot read the script as yet.