Netherlands: 1 gulden 2001, km233, face / no face

Started by Globetrotter, May 07, 2014, 04:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Globetrotter

Hi,

I got this documentation from a collector from the Netherlands.

Ole

Figleaf

Left is a proof. Double or triple struck, polished die, inspected under magnification. All details are clear, of course. Right is a circulated coin with wear, single strike, possibly dirty dies, inspected mechanically. All details are not clear. Not surprising.

Show me an unc without face, so that it becomes clear if this is wear, a dirty die or a different die. Frankly, I think that the chances that this was produced by a different die are virtually nil.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Globetrotter

Peter,

as I said, I got this from a fellow collector, but I've asked another Dutch collector, if she knows this variant. Basically I agree fully with you, hence my question to Ina, the Dutch collector I know since 10 years!

Ole

SpaBreda

Just checked all my spares ... all with happy faces ...   :D

I also think this is due to wear of the coin ... or indeed a filled die.

Paul.

Ps. ... no idea why I have so many of them !

Figleaf

Actually, the seller says here (look for notes down below) that it is not an error but may be a worn die.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Globetrotter

Hi Peter,

you mean this:

Geen misdruk maar doordat er in korte tijd 16 miljoen munten geslagen moesten worden is vermoedelijk de reden een zwakke/vage stempel!

Although a die error, it's for me a variant, since it's a repeated error!

Ole

Bimat

I have this coin too, not proof though. Never looked at it so carefully to see if that guy is laughing or not. :D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.